Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night, I was in my best-friends 1971 454 SS Chevelle. We got to a light, and I discovered that a C5 was next to us. I look down, and see the air slots infront of the rear tires. My reaction was a couple explicit words. I was finally going to see what a '01 (I didn't get a good look at the badging, so I think it's an 01) Z06 could do. Aaron decided not to push the Chevelle, since he only likes to race guys in the same class (except for beating Japcrap :). The cross-lights went yellow and you saw the Z06 SLIGHTLY get off the clutch (rolled a bit). The light went green and there went the Z06. I let out a whole lot of swears, mixed in with "That thing moves!"

Love at first sight.

BTW...this was on 83 and 53 in Buffalo Grove, IL. If the guy in the Z06 is reading this, great car man! You made my night.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
battery,

Welcome aboard, indeed this is the place. We respect our past ie: Chevelles camaros but we eat our dinner happily........................

:cool: :cheers:

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
I am fortunate enough to own a classic 70 Boss302 and a 02 Z06. I honestly thought that there wasn't a big differance (judgeing from the SOTP impression) between the 2 cars and I was hell bent on proving it! I knew that the Z06 would get me on top end but my Mustang is very quick out of the hole and that was my advantage. Well, the big day came and I raced my brother in my Z06 while I drove the Boss. As soon as we took off the Z06 was ahead and the distance grew bigger as the race went on! I found that "humble pie" is best eaten while still WARM!!!! :p Bill

·
Registered
18,357 Posts
I agree. Neither my 69 Pace car convert or my 71 Cuda 440 6 pak will even come close to my Z. They are deceiving since they are sooo smooth and quiet. :eek:

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Norm, you have a 'Cuda six-pak??? I will buy that for the same owner financed option you offered on the Z06!!!!!!!! I am NOT kidding, and I am jealous! Bill:(

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ah so the secret is being discovered by new believers...my Z is rarely challenged anymore on the street, and if it is it is generally by a buick century, driven by a century old driver who obviously doesn't keep up with Speedvision. Even Porsche's don't bother with my Z anymore. Rice rockets remain a perpetual problem but they will eventually learn to read the english badging on the fender "Z06", and stay in the paddie.
I am of course waiting at the red light for another Z06 to challenge , then it is totally up to driver skill, isn't it?

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Zed06, you are thinking just like me here. I wish that I would stopped at a red light and find another Z06 waiting there next to me as we anxiously wait for the " go" green light! Why don't you tell us a little bit about your Charger? Maybe we need a seperate section for "old Muscle cars"! Bill :cheers:

·
Registered
194 Posts
The only car that comes close to my Z06 is my 62 Belair sport coupe 474 ci 409 500 hp 5 spd and I still think the Z06 will beat it in the 1/4 :eek: :-?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi 70boss302.....yup I got me a Charger, and all it does it is get big bills charged to me.
I am in the process of rebuilding the body now, just having rebuilt the motor, doing all the usual stuff to get my yeoman 383 ci, up in hp. We believe we have about 375 hp in it now, but have not dynoed or dragged yet, since the body shop, where I took it for a small facial, showed me that I had bought swiss cheese... so it will be 2 years a building, and next summer, my son will drive the Z06 and I the Charger, to see which reigns supreme. BTW...no more muscle car projects for me...its cheaper to buy (well buy a 1/2) Z06s.
I am admirer of boss 302 and played around with acquiring one...but got the charger instead.

Happy motoring....zed06

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
This is my 70 Boss302 with 32K original unrestored, painted, rebuilt, wrecked, rusted or molested in any other way car! THanks to Zaino for the shine on the 32 year old paint! I thought she was a bad car, but like the "fish that got away" the ledgend is better than the real truth. Still she is quick, esp out of the hole, but the Z06 is............quicker. Bill

Sorry, pic didn't post.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Damn I think my brothers small block 69 Camaro will give my Z a run for it's money. His 96 Z-28 will eat me for breakfast!!!:cheers:

·
Registered
178 Posts
How much depends on the driver?

If you were driving one of his cars, would it make a difference in the results?

·
Registered
18,357 Posts
Hey, looks like we have some nice muscle around here. Post em if you got'em. I would like to see your cars.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Gorgeous muscle cars, guys. Brings back the good old days in a hurry, and I DO mean hurry. :)

zed06 -- you can't attach pictures here. You have to put them on a server elsewhere and then point to them with the IMG tag.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts