Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to take my car up to the strip with some friends in their hopped up little ricers (actually very nice cars). I have a bone stock 01 Z06 on GY SC's. I got there late and only got one run to dial in my time. On the first run I spun up a bit on launch but ran a 12.79. I thought I could launch a bit better so called my dial in 12.5. First race in the brackets...12.48 @ 115.22!! I lost due to comming in under, but was very happy. Keep in mind I'm bone stock, on stock Goodyears and running them at my normal 33psi, and it was 102 degrees out. I ran one more run later at a 12.66, but in that run the car seemed to pull timing pretty bad nearing reline. Turns out that my accordian style stock intake snorkle was caving in sufficating the motor of air. So I called it good for the night. Being my first time at the drag strip I had a great time and can't wait to get better. I ended up with reaction times of .165, .180, and a -.111 redlight. My 60' were 2.176, 2.040, and 2.036. This car is amazing stock, so easy to run fast.

Has anyone else had this problem with the intake tube? It did it on the way home too when I stepped on it. I would take it off, push it back into shape and when I opened the hood again it was crushed (sucked in). Where is the best place to get a smooth tube replacement?

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Glad to hear you like your Z's performance.

:guiness:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Alabama said:
I decided to take my car up to the strip with some friends in their hopped up little ricers (actually very nice cars). I have a bone stock 01 Z06 on GY SC's. I got there late and only got one run to dial in my time. On the first run I spun up a bit on launch but ran a 12.79. I thought I could launch a bit better so called my dial in 12.5. First race in the brackets...12.48 @ 115.22!! I lost due to comming in under, but was very happy. Keep in mind I'm bone stock, on stock Goodyears and running them at my normal 33psi, and it was 102 degrees out. I ran one more run later at a 12.66, but in that run the car seemed to pull timing pretty bad nearing reline. Turns out that my accordian style stock intake snorkle was caving in sufficating the motor of air. So I called it good for the night. Being my first time at the drag strip I had a great time and can't wait to get better. I ended up with reaction times of .165, .180, and a -.111 redlight. My 60' were 2.176, 2.040, and 2.036. This car is amazing stock, so easy to run fast.

Has anyone else had this problem with the intake tube? It did it on the way home too when I stepped on it. I would take it off, push it back into shape and when I opened the hood again it was crushed (sucked in). Where is the best place to get a smooth tube replacement?
Good job for your frist time out with the Z :thumb:

·
Premium Member
10,080 Posts
Alabama said:
Turns out that my accordian style stock intake snorkle was caving in sufficating the motor of air. So I called it good for the night. Being my first time at the drag strip I had a great time and can't wait to get better. I ended up with reaction times of .165, .180, and a -.111 redlight. My 60' were 2.176, 2.040, and 2.036. This car is amazing stock, so easy to run fast.

Never had that happen to me or heard of it happening to any one else. Most of the vendors who support the forum sell "smooth couplers". Look to pay around $39.95 to $49.95 depending on the vendor. Search the web for Corvette parts and you will find a host of vendors that sell this item.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
115 MPH that's very strong :thumb: :thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts