Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran my Z06 at the drag strip for the first time tonight; in fact, it was the first time I had ever driven at a strip. Stock everything (stock intake, exhaust, ride height, F1SCs, etc.). My times were disappointing: [email protected], .154 RT, 2.15 60' at Atlanta Dragway in Commerce GA. Launched at 3000 rpm with slip and a mild 1st gear burnout. The track sucked, but this is by no means an excuse. Two RT/10 Vipers there could not get into the 12s, and a Viper GTS ran 12.4. Times for everyone were low tonight, although some of the high horsepower cars ran better than expected trap speeds.
One question: My DIC flashed something along the lines of "service vehicle soon" intermittently during a few runs. I figured it didn't like that I was pushing it so hard. Is this normal?

·
Registered
497 Posts
kechen22 said:
One question: My DIC flashed something along the lines of "service vehicle soon" intermittently during a few runs. I figured it didn't like that I was pushing it so hard. Is this normal?
this happened to me once and it was because the engine belt went loose...... check the belt if the car is running fine and temp is normal then it was probably because of you pushing the car to its limit and thats normal...
btw nice run not bad for a 1st timer :yeadog:

·
Premium Member
9,755 Posts
Don't be so hard on yourself. For your first time - and on a bad track -you did great. :thumb: It takes practice (like anything else).

·
Registered
353 Posts
not bad for first time. when my car gets off the boat im taking it to maui race park to race a friends vortech supercharged gt stang. i need to speed up my left leg some and nail the 2-3 shift without a beat. i hope to do as good as you my first time out.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone. I didn't think that my time was good at all, since a stock ZO6 is capable of 12 flat or even better. My 1/8 mph was around 88-89 mph consistently, and I tried to adjust to the track to get better 60' times but it didn't happen. The tree dropped three amber lights before the green one and I always launched ON the third amber light, since there's somewhat significant tire spin on ZO6s at the line. My engine belts are fine, and temperatures never got out of hand while racing.

·
Registered
162 Posts
dude, you rock..... I can't get the hang of launching without excessive wheel spin and haven't gotten better than a 13.5xx :(

I wish I had ur problems w/ racing..... lol

·
Registered
413 Posts
as others have said ...good times for 1st timer. In fact fair times for seasoned racer.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts