Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious,,how long did it take to get pulled over in your Z after first getting it. It took me three days the officer got me doing 77 in a 60 right before I was going to downshift and punch it over 100 in real nice curve. He let me go and advise me to use the cruise control.
:)

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
I've never been pulled over for speeding in the Z. I have been pulled over for no front plate and for "sounding like I was speeding". :lol: Still don't quite understand the sounding like I was speeding thing but, no ticket on that one. :cool:

·
Registered
89 Posts
What is the deal with cops letting you go with just a warning? I got pulled over going an outrageous speed on 635 in Dallas (will not post speed because it will sound like :bs: ), and the cop just told me to slow down. At first, I was releaved not to be going to jail. Then I got pissed remembering all the times I was ticketed going 5mph over the speed limit. And do not get me started on cops searching me and my car. It borders molestation depending on what state you are in :eek:o: . But now I have a nice car, I guess I can get away with anything. Back to the question, I got pulled over after having the car for a month. Sorry for the rant! :ity:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nice one ZORA....forgot to add this,,,I got stopped again in less than three weeks after the Z and got a ticket in my daily beater (1995 isuzu pickup) and I was only 10 over the limit.....what gives with the cops?

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Me sir, speeding never!

A policeman was sitting on the hard shoulder watching the traffic go by when a car zoomed past him doing at least 120 mph!

The policeman chased him down, and pulled the car over. He went up to the car and asked, "Do you know that you were doing at least 50 mph over the speed limit?"

The driver replied, "Was I officer, I'm terribly sorry but I wasn't aware of that."

The policeman said, "May I see your drivers license please?"

The man replied, "I don't have one officer."

"Of course you do," said the policeman.

"No sir, I don't," said the man.

"So why do you have this car?" asked the policeman.

"This is not my car, I stole it," said the man.

"You are driving a stolen car?" said the policeman.

"Yes I'm afraid so sir,"

Looking puzzled the policeman said, "Let me see the registration, so we can find out who it belongs to."

The man said, "There is nothing in the glove compartment except some candy, oh, and my gun."

"Your gun!" exclaimed the officer, clearly worried by this point, as this man was obviously a lunatic.

"So you don't have a drivers license, you stole this car, and there is a gun in the glove compartment!"

"Yes sir," said the man, "Oh and a body in the trunk."

"Jesus!" said the policeman turning white, "Ok so you have no drivers license, you have stolen this car, there is a gun in the glove compartment, and a body in the trunk?"

"Yes," said the man, sounding slightly irritated.

"Look," said the policeman, "You wait right here and don't touch anything! Don’t move, don’t even breathe."

So the policeman ran to his car and radioed the station, "I want to speak to the chief," said the policeman, "And quick!"

He waited about a minute and the chief came on the line, "What is it," he said.

"I've got a man here, he is a complete lunatic he has very calmly stated that he is driving a stolen car, he has no drivers license, there is a gun in the glove compartment, and a body in the trunk," said the policeman.

"I’ll be right there," said the chief.

In ten minutes the man and the car were surrounded. There was the chief of police, a swat team, everybody you could imagine.

The chief walks slowly to the car in his bulletproof vest and says to the driver, "Hello sir, ehm may I see your drivers license?"

"Of course," said the man, and produced it from his back pocket.

Looking puzzled, the chief asked, "Is this your car?"

"Yes," said the man.

"Can I see your registration please sir?" asked the chief.

The man leaned over to open the glove compartment.

"Please don't open it sir!" said the chief.

"Why?" asked the man, "I thought you wanted my registration."

"I do," said the chief, "But there is a gun in there."

"Don't be silly," said the man, and he opened the glove compartment, empty apart from some candy.

"Let me get this right," said the chief, "You have a drivers license, this is your car and there is no gun in the glove compartment."

"Yes," said the man,

"And there is no body in the trunk, I suppose," said the chief.

"BODY!" exclaimed the man, "Why on earth would I have a body in my trunk?"

"Sir I apologize for this, but my officer told me that you had no drivers licence, you had stolen this car, you were in possession of a gun, and a body in the trunk."

"The lying fool, said the man, "I bet he said I was speeding as well!"

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
About a year and a half after I bought my Z. It was last September coming home from Funfest in Effingham. Busted for 75 in a 55.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I guess I can consider myself lucky. I have owned my Z06 for over 4 1/2 years and never got a ticket of any kind.

I was asked once by a motorcycle cop to do a little burn out so he could hear my stingers. After doing it, he pulled up next to me again and said that did it. I am buying stingers for my vette.

busto said:
Just curious,,how long did it take to get pulled over in your Z after first getting it. It took me three days the officer got me doing 77 in a 60 right before I was going to downshift and punch it over 100 in real nice curve. He let me go and advise me to use the cruise control.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Never been ticketed or pulled over in my Z06, or my '98 coupe i had for three years. Have had a few looks and been followed by the law, but never pulled over. Hope I didn't just jinx myself. :p

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I got pulled over the weekend I picked it up. Turns out the guy noticed my tag was expired, and didnt see the dealer tag in the front window. Was very courteous, and complimented the car.

My friend got a whopper while driving my car a few weeks later. (Wanted to show off to his wife..........went BRAAAAAAAAHHHHH down a side street, busted to the tune of 70 in a 40). Ouch. :D

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
I drove the Z for about 6 months before getting pulled over.

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
Lets see... after a trouble free first 18 months they made up for the short fall in the next 18 months... ;)

Pulled for no front plate (3 times), expired inspection, expired tag, inspection sticker 1/2 inch too far over, sounding like speeding, illegal left turn, speeding and 3rd gear rolling burnout are all that come to mind.

Crazy thing is the expired tag was the most expensive ticket. Go figure.

Most others were just warnings...

·
Registered
24 Posts
One ticket, going the speed limit - passed a school zone sign which was blocked by a tree trimming truck. Didn't realize it was flashing since I obviously couldn't see it through the truck. Stated my case to the cop, he cut the ticket to less than 14 MPH (would have been 45 in a 25), commented on the fact that I was clocked at 107 feet away (LIDAR) and that even after the delay for him to signal me to stop I safely stopped so that he was standing at my window (he thought that was pretty neat), wrote the ticket for the minimum so I paid the minimum fine, and no points. No blood, no foul.

Was pulled over and let go by Atlanta Police who simply thought it looked like I was going fast and then changed his mind (connections). No blood, no foul.

Was pulled over by Cobb County Police for (of all things) not letting him be the first one to pull away from a traffic light.
He requested I exit the vehicle, did the security pat down, had me stand behind the car and then began to expound his displeasure.

I explained to him that as he knew we were sitting on the west side of the highway by the south entrance, and that I needed to be in the left lane (which he was in) in order to get on the highway and go north immediately at the other side of the highway where the ramp was located, and that was why I had my left signal on, and motioned to him before the light turned green that I wanted to move over there. He suggested that I "gunned my engine" and that it was a "contest of speed" to which I explained to him that had I done that there would have been screeching tires, smoke, and 60 MPH in around 4 seconds. I advised him that I hadn't in fact "gunned my engine" and had merely accelerated to the 35 MPH speed limit. I also advised him that I had no intention of sitting at a green light (he had suggested I do that and wait for him to go first) as I had been rear ended at a red light before, I was not inclined to sit at one after it had turned green. I further explained the simple math involved, to whit, a 3000 lbs car with well over 400 HP did not need to be "gunned" in order to appear to pull away and leave a 4000 lbs police package Crown Victoria with a mere 240 HP. I also suggested that a judge would wonder why he had written a ticket for Racing/Contest of Speed to a person who left a light without any drags, without reaching redline, and without breaking the 35 MPH speed limit, and of course, while using a signal and pulling IN FRONT OF A POLICE CAR. After letting me go sit down and pondering it in his vehicle, he decided to give me a warning. A gave him a chuckle, and we parted as...well...he's a Cobb County Police Officer, they hate everyone. :ity: No blood, no foul, but he was pretty pissed anyway as someone may have seen him not scare a motorist.

·
Registered
76 Posts
busto said:
haven't been pulled over yet, but my buddy in his 04 red/black z06 got pulled over on the very first day - less than 100 miles. got him on a "no turn on red" thing.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Never pulled over. In Germany they mail you the ticket. They add it to the phone bill for you. How convenient !

If you dispute it, they'll mail the picture and if you see it is you then an additional amount is added to the ticket. I've never asked for the picture. If it's my license plate number then it's me ! ;) :zboobie:

·
Registered
299 Posts
It was more than real that I was going to get a ticket and they were not going to let me drive away. Well to solve this I decided to go racing. I've been very carefull in the Pit lane.

Tony #54

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I really grew up when I got the Z06, at least I thought I did. The first time I went around a car that was being clocked, and I went around the double yellow lanes at the same time, the cop noticed that and turned on his lights, so I being far ahead already, I saw a side road and turned into, and drove to a dead end, I thought I was out of a ticket but I guess some cop sitting in front of a restaurant saw how quicly I cut that turned and got together with the cop that wanted to pull me over and they got me, I thought I was getting a speeding ticket after all, but cops decided that I didnt deserve my brand new car so I got ARRESTED for running from the cops, and hidding from the cops, those violations where max of 5 year imprissoment each, I also got ticket for speeding, unsafe passing, and not having my front license plate.

Anyways I explained what happened to the commisioner and he suprisngly let me off with no bail, suprisingly because he was one the worst Commisioner and never let anyone off without bail at least the same night! I went to my lawyer and explained my situation but he never heard me say about HOW I NEVER ACTUALLY RAN FROM THE COPS, THERE WAS NO CHASE, anyways at court the state attorney promised me jail time because I had a pretty bad past as well, before the sentence I apologized to the officer like told by my laywer and finally the cop admitted that I didnt run, so then back in court the cop wanted to drop all charges except the speeding and the State attorney was fighting with the cop and Judge to put me in jail. And the cop admitted to the Judge that I didnt run from the cops! Anyways I went home and no jail time, but It really pisses me off how I jeolously took over the cops honesty and loyalty and put me through a night of horror and thousand of dollars of less all because he had the power to do it, not seeing that I deserved nothing of that, I got more but this one is enough to make me :bmad:

PS. hope this is no offence to cops, because not all abuse their power, but have you ever seen a 92 VW Golf do 85mph on a tight ramp, well I guess my golf did because when I was 17 I got such a ticket :mad: honestly not only was 85mph IMPOSSIBLE ON THAT RAMP, but 85mph was about the top speed of my Golf :crazy:

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
I had my Z for a little less than a year and decided to put a Magnacharger on it. Well the day before it was going into the shop for the install I was cruising on an old stretch that we "used" to race on but it had been a few years.

Well I was running about 70 and since it was bringing back memories...was early morning on a Saturday...beautiful day...I decided to catch a BMW that had flown by just earlier...punched it...ran up to 120 and then noticed some landscaping that didn't used to be there and thought...humm...that would be a good place for a cop to hide...let off and was coasting down and all of a sudden saw a white blur behind one of the bushes. :eek: Sure enough it was "the man" and he shot out after me. I thought about running but decided it would be much worse if I got caught so pulled over and took my medicine...well most of it. ;)

He clocked me for 105 in a 55 but I was cool...luckily he was cool and lowered it to 70 in a 55.

My radar detector was at home on my dresser because I had taken out all personal belongings since it was going to the shop...for the BLOWER!! :rofl:

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Saturday night, 40th birthday party for a buddy all the way out in Commack on LI.
Quite a drive now for this new NJ resident.
Can't blow it off, have been friends with him for 20 years.

Fearing the inevitable intoxication of attending a party for one of the biggest drinkers i know, I made arrangements to stay over at my cousin's house in Stoney Brook.

On the drive out there, I hear that the weather report is for rain and snow turning to slush so I make the depressing decision to not drink, and to drive home to NJ instead of staying over (obviously that weather isn't good news for the vette)

I make my appearance, have 3 diet cokes and a big piece of cake, resulting in a massive sugar high - I'm good to go.

I say my goodbyes around 11 and endure the massive outcry, questioning of my manhood and sexual orientation and I head home.

I took my normal route home, and as I get off of the exit at the last highway.... whoops, what's all of these flashing lights at my exit? *panic*

Well, it's a DUI check and the friendly Police officer is motioning for me to pull out of line and roll down my window. *more panic, then realization of "hmmm, wait, I didn't have ANYTHING to drink....

I happily pull over, roll down the window, cop blinds me with what looks like a 10,000 candle power flashlight and says "good evening sir, we're conducting a DUI check point tonight, have you had anything to drink tonight?"

*imagine my face with the biggest smile i can possibly muster*

"nope, not a drop!"

"drive on sir"

I was so happy that I actually contemplated circling around and going through it again!

1 - 20 of 77 Posts