Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Mods are BPP Vortex Rammer, Dynatech Supermaxx long tubes, & B&B Bullets catback. No tune yet, waiting to get my cam installed first.

I ran 4 times, only got 2 full runs in. Missed forth on 1 run, & 3rd on another, so those were shot.

Here's a quick vid of my best run of the day. 12.98 @ 111, 60' on this run was 2.14 , I was shifting at around 5800 - 5900 rpm (I don't know why), but it def. has more in it. Plus it was HOT AS HELL out there, 96*.

http://themaintenancemen.com/images/7.24.05_12.98.wmv

Or if you can't see the one above try this one.

Click here to see Video

·
Registered
1 Posts
When I first got my car I took it to the track (all stock down to tires) and ran a 12.84 @ 111mph. You need a tune bad.

I put on a Vararam Intake and Loudmouth exhaust and trapped 114 (but the clutch with 60k miles on it went to hell after that)

So I hooked up the bottle and got a 125mph trap speed out of it once, with a roasted clutch and slicks.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I figured I needed a tune. I just don't want to do it twice. I'm installing a G5X3 cam at the end of August.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
I wouldn't pay to much attention to the e.t. because of track prep etc. but it did sound like you didn't spin to much. I would look more at the MPH and at 111 that's bad at all given the air temp, (96). You are right about waiting to get the tune after the cam but I wouldn't beat on it to much before that. Your car could be running lean. "Do you feel like it pulling better that it did stock. It sounds really good to me and you did a good job shifting. Nice pass.

D.J. :usa:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OneQuickCoupe said:
I wouldn't pay to much attention to the e.t. because of track prep etc. but it did sound like you didn't spin to much. I would look more at the MPH and at 111 that's bad at all given the air temp, (96). You are right about waiting to get the tune after the cam but I wouldn't beat on it to much before that. Your car could be running lean. "Do you feel like it pulling better that it did stock. It sounds really good to me and you did a good job shifting. Nice pass.

D.J. :usa:
It def. pulls better than stock. Especially in the upper RPMs. I'm not too worried about the et right now, I'll worry about that after a few more mods, and some cool weather.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
TSDuke said:
It def. pulls better than stock. Especially in the upper RPMs. I'm not too worried about the et right now, I'll worry about that after a few more mods, and some cool weather.
Looks like your on your way to a very quick machine. The cam you are installing is one of the best as of right now. Should be a strong runner. Are you going with a 114 or a 112 lobe separation?

D.J. :zboobie:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
114 lsa I didn't really want to worry (too much) about the piston/valve clearance.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
TSDuke said:
114 lsa I didn't really want to worry (too much) about the piston/valve clearance.
It will be interesting to see what this cam will do for you. They will be pulling the dampener off when they change out the cam you may want to have an under drive one installed. I have one and everything works as it should.

D.J.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts