Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ran the 1/8 at kennedale here in dallas tonight. got an 8.3 at 87.9mph, with a 2.0 short time. i was pretty happy with the 60 foot, given a rookie and 380 at the wheels on stock f1s. my question is, me and a couple other z06 out there were wheelhopping the entire way through 2nd gear. literally didn't stop wheelhopping til i hit 3rd. on a stickier track, could this have been an 8.1 run? i am thinking all this wheelhop had to cost me 2 tenths. you think? with everything going on, i forgot to powershift 2-3. can i get this thing in the 7s on stock rubber with more practice? and i made a fool out of myself by forgetting to turn t/c off and trying to do a short burnout on my second pass, i saw smoke, then realized it was my clutch, not the tires! oh well, not too bad for a first timer i think?

thx

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Not a bad first time...Practice alot more and you will get considerably better...You must be in comp mode or your times will suffer...Keep us posted..

Greg

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
slow99 said:
ran the 1/8 at kennedale here in dallas tonight. got an 8.3 at 87.9mph, with a 2.0 short time. i was pretty happy with the 60 foot, given a rookie and 380 at the wheels on stock f1s. my question is, me and a couple other z06 out there were wheelhopping the entire way through 2nd gear. literally didn't stop wheelhopping til i hit 3rd. on a stickier track, could this have been an 8.1 run? i am thinking all this wheelhop had to cost me 2 tenths. you think? with everything going on, i forgot to powershift 2-3. can i get this thing in the 7s on stock rubber with more practice? and i made a fool out of myself by forgetting to turn t/c off and trying to do a short burnout on my second pass, i saw smoke, then realized it was my clutch, not the tires! oh well, not too bad for a first timer i think?

thx
consider hot weather and that 60ft and 87.9 mph you could get in the 7 second in the 1/8, wheel hop is a problem we have in our Z06s, but to be hones mines is pretty bad but only in the cold, In this weather I rarely wheel hop, I say put your rear tires at 26ps1 and your fronts at 40psi and it will decrease wheel hop, and if it keeps you'll need to either not powershift or change your shocks...

as for wheel hop slowing you down, that a big 10-4, its worst then spinning bogging , it slowest you down alot...

This winter I went to the track for I guess you could say the first times, I ran 13s the first night with alot of wheel hop, then I lowered my psi on the rears and still wheel hoped powershifting, so I stoped powershfting and went 12.6 and a week later got DRs which let me powershift again to a 11.97 @ 117.97 as my sig says ;)

·
Registered
413 Posts
actually pretty decent for first time...an 8.3 for the 1/8 is approximately a 12.9 in the 1/4 (1.56 conversion x 1/8th time = 1/4 approximately)...wheel hop sucks and as COUTO1981 suggested lowering tire pressure a bit can help, also heat tires up a bit. If FIs are are a bit warn and getting hard that can cause hop also...when I replaced my F1s with new F1s and had a wheel alignment most of my hopping was elimiminated....good luck.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
C5 CU said:
actually pretty decent for first time...an 8.3 for the 1/8 is approximately a 12.9 in the 1/4 (1.56 conversion x 1/8th time = 1/4 approximately)...wheel hop sucks and as COUTO1981 suggested lowering tire pressure a bit can help, also heat tires up a bit. If FIs are are a bit warn and getting hard that can cause hop also...when I replaced my F1s with new F1s and had a wheel alignment most of my hopping was elimiminated....good luck.
yea, I forgot about heating them up, but just a bit, like a second, actually I think with you mph and 1/8th you would problably be at 12.5 or 12.4s, I ran that last weekend and Im worst then stock, I have a Vararam but run really rich and lost a lot of power and I was on stock F1s as well, That was my exact mph on the 1/8 and IM pretty sure it was the 1/8 as well, considering you have 30rwhp more and problably 40rwhp more below the power curve you would be in low 12s, but I'll have to double check my time slip again :yeadog:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i'm on brand new f1s, less than 3K miles on them. i lowered them to 23psi, gave them about a 2 second burnout, but man that wheelhop sucks, i just hope it was this track.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts