Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1st Time Vet Owners: Would You Buy Another New One?

• Definitely!

Votes: 26 86.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Depends on Future Value of Current One

Votes: 3 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am curious to poll first time buyers to see if they would buy another Vet, based on their experience with their first one.

Zippy :z: :z:

·
Registered
938 Posts
After nine months and 10,000 miles I have discovered that driving a ZO6 is the second best feeling in the world.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Hey Zippy,

What about us OldTimers we ain't dead yet, So im gonna buy more Vettes.................

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Absolutely. Wish I could afford to buy a new one every year.

·
Registered
373 Posts
As a first time Z06 buyer, (yr 2000 for a 2001 Z06) I have to say that I had major concerns and issues about quality and durablility. While I have had the Z06 app a yr, and am approaching 20,000 miles, my extrapolation is that it will be durable. However, that does remain to be seen. Based on my 2001 Z06 experience and the almost "Toyota-like" emphasis on constant improvement, I not only would not hesitate getting another model yr Z06, but would recommend it to others.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Being a Ford man my whole life, it was difficult to change to a Chevrolet vehicle. I am right now at 435 miles and should be well into the post break-in fun over the next week. Just winding up those gears to 3500-4000 rpm is thrill enough to know that I will definitely purchase another new Vette. I know I can't just drop the hammer at 501 miles but next week is gonna be a blast.

Bottom line, I have only owned the car for six days but it has been a great experience so far. Can't wait for my next one!

Paul

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hossman:

Thanks for your "first-timer" reply! You will absolutely love your car.....just wait and see! :cheers:

Zip :z: :z:

·
Registered
695 Posts
I sound like a broken record here but the seats suck; the stereo is lousy and there is too much orange peel in the paint!
So, how did I vote? DEFINITELY!!!!!!
The car is an absolute blast to drive; tight as a drum, great brakes/handling. With all the positives, I can live with the negatives, the first 2 of which I can correct with a few $$$.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Love the car!! but GM let the market go all to hell when they let the dealers start selling them at 42k. Great for everyone who had not bought one buy then but a major hit for those who did. The car is the baddest thing around. I have no complaints about it. But if I would have waited 2 months I would have saved $$$. I figured they would come down at the end of the year but not 7K. Ohh well live and learn. :guiness:

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Oh Yeah Baby!

Zippy,

My next one will be a 2003 MY Vert for my wife. Then since three's company, a 2005 Z06 for me :D

J

·
0 Posts
Yes..the corvette has been a fun experience.

The people involved with the sport are great..

Nice toy.

Very little in the marketplace competes with this car

GM did a great job..

I never cared about what type of leather my butt is on..or the perfect stereo system..if I did..its easy enough to change..

Love the look of the car..the handling and the performance..

Problem free experience.

20, ooo miles to date.

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
I like this car so much

I think I will keep it for a long time. It does all the right things right.:) :) :) :cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Yes,this is my second vette..1st was a 01 coupe purchased new..sold 9 months later ..picked up new 02 ZO6 9/10..keeping this car for along time..GM got it right:D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts