Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last month's track day got rained out, so today was the first time I had used the new tires and 5-point harness. The car performed much better than last time. The balance was good, and I don't think I ever spun the rear tires. I just hope the tires can survive a couple more track days.

There was a 360 F1 Spider and a SL65 AMG (V12 biturbo). I was catching up to them in one session, but they pulled off before I could pass. In another session, I passed the SL65, but I was driving the hell out of the car to do it.

Later, I took rides in both cars. The 360 was quite fast and handled great. It felt pretty similar to my car overall. The SL65 had good power, but you could really feel how heavy it was in the corners. Performance wise, I wasn't that impressed for $200k cars.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
atoyf said:
hmm, you told more about cars, than about tires and your harness... hmmm... :pp:
If the tires and harness made me competitive with $200k cars, doesn't that say enough? :D

The old stock tires were so bad that last track day a 350Z passed me because he was catching up in the corners.

Enough though the harness kept me in the seat better, I could still use a racing seat for lateral support. I need a seat that can still use the stock seat belt and the R&D Racing harness mounting hardware. Any suggestions?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts