Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who has a flameball shifter knob and what did you hook the hot wire to. Does it fit shifter and how easy does stock knob come off. I'm not sure but I think it was JC that said he had one.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Hook the hot wire to something that is on when the headlights are on...maybe the AH switch? couldn't say what wire that is, though....:(

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I talked to a guy at the track that had one since I am thinking of buying one. He said that the cover where the active handling light is pops of easily and you can wire it into that.
I asked him about the fit, and he said that the flameballs are custom made so the fit was no problem. He loved it and highly recommended it.

I sat in the car and tried it out. After two days of track use, it was a little slick, so it got me to thinking about a different one that is leather instead. However, if I don't go with a leather one, it will be the flameball all the way.

chris

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
N4C5S said:
Nope, stock knob here looking at a hardbar.

JC
Hey JC -- Sadly, Gary @ Hardbar still has a picture on his site of the Hardbar knob atop a stock shifter, which I (and some others) feel makes it look WAY too tall for most tastes. But when you get that puppy screwed down tight on a Kirban or Ripper, it looks and feels GREAT!

Have you seen one in person yet? I suppose they're not much to look at -- but they are clean-looking and appropriate to the rest of the interior, and they don't rattle or get hot. Good stuff!

-Kirk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts