Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:puke: hi people
classic story is late sunday night got flat tire w/wife in south jersey (just great) after a few calls w/roadside the final was i would have to wait about 3 hrs for a flat bed so..... i tried multiple times to use the repair kit, the prob was the gismo the dealer gives to get the core valve out did not work (no leverage) so i was able to just use the electric pump to inflate the tire to get home.
ps (tire is shot)
QUESTION who has the best prices for tires ?
how much?
any suggestions about traveling with a spare/donut?
what kind of jack do i carry?

local guy quoted me $395.00 Middlesex county
pls send some advice
thanks
joe

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
bluethunder said:
i tried multiple times to use the repair kit, the prob was the gismo the dealer gives to get the core valve out did not work (no leverage) so i was able to just use the electric pump to inflate the tire to get home.
ps (tire is shot)
Hhhmmm - I have used sealant before - and you just connect and squirt. Never had a need to remove the valve core.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Ebay

·
Premium Member
6,325 Posts
Hummmnnnn guess I better read the directions on mine ... :eek::
Figuring that if it was repairable, there would be something in the thread, and because I really don't want to put that goop in my tire, I picked uup an emergency tire repair kit at the local auto store. Thought is that I can fix it if it's fixable, air it up with the pump, and limp home as well or better than with a gooped tire. Donut ... I don't think so ...
FWIW

1 - 8 of 8 Posts