Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to use our air pump for the first time. Very impressive, took my bone flat 5lbs front right to 35lbs in four min. with an obvious nail hole.

Just enough to get to Tires Plus for a patch.

Has anyone taken her past the six minute max?

D-Day

:usa:

·
Registered
390 Posts
i've had two flats-the gm "fix a flat" & z06 compressor came thru like a champ both times! :cheers:

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
I highly recommend retrofitting C5's (base model) LTPWS. It is easy to do at the point you are replacing tires, once you get your Chevy dealer to enable this feature (pre-existing in all C5 models) in the BCM. A set of four wheel pressure sensor transducers can be had for about $250 mailorder.

The digital LED readout in the DIC will then display pressure to nearest psi of all four tires 24/7, and warn of a low (or too high) tire pressure condition. And if any one of 'em drops below 25psi on the low side, the DIC displays an appropriate warning message informing you which tires is too low. The system works exact the same as the base model and can be a godsend when you pick up a nail.

For my money, this feature should have been STANDARD in all models, including the Z06. Who cares if the 'fix-a-flat" gums up a sensor or two once in a while. Not an issue. Driver and passenger's safety should alway be the first priority.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts