Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recieved my 02 Z06 Yesterday. With the mere 20 miles I have put on the car I already love it.

One concern I have is the no spare tire thing. I knew it did not come with one but how good is that stuff GM gives you. Does it really work ? Can I depend on it in the event of a flat.

Can I buy a spare tire/donut for an emergency anywhere ??

I can just see it now. My first flat tire will be with the wife in the car and she will say "How much was this car and it doesnt have a spare!!!" I would never hear the end of that.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
That stuff should work.

I rarely have more than a slow leak on my tire punctures. Usually you pick up a nail or a screw and get a slow leaker. Once I notice the leak, I get it fixed right away. I doubt I'll ever use that stuff.

But I've got to imagine that stuff works for the majority of all punctures. Unless you have serious side wall damage, I doubt you will ever need the spare. If your worried, I would cary a set of tire plugs and a tool instead of a spare.

But if your tire comes off the bead your SOL!!! :D (Get a cell phone instead of the spare)

·
Registered
680 Posts
pmontelo said:
That stuff should work.

But if your tire comes off the bead your SOL!!! :D (Get a cell phone instead of the spare)
Ya...but to save weight, be sure that your cell phone is one of those new "light weight" models :D

·
Registered
362 Posts
RatedZ said:
I just recieved my 02 Z06 Yesterday. With the mere 20 miles I have put on the car I already love it.

One concern I have is the no spare tire thing. I knew it did not come with one but how good is that stuff GM gives you. Does it really work ? Can I depend on it in the event of a flat.

Can I buy a spare tire/donut for an emergency anywhere ??

I can just see it now. My first flat tire will be with the wife in the car and she will say "How much was this car and it doesnt have a spare!!!" I would never hear the end of that.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
A Camaro full size spare fits as do the lug nuts.just need a small scissor jack and lug wrench.But beware there is no way to hold down the spare,in event or a crash it would be like haveing a 300lb bomb flying around in compartment. The GM gorilla snot tire repair fluid works along with several other brands.Only sure way is to carry a SATPHONE when all else fails.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts