Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Corvette Z06 3LT
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 09 Z06 with a manual 6 speed and recently had the trans rebuilt and clutch replaced. After approximately 1000 miles of use I found a good size puddle of relatively clear fluid under the rear end. Seems to be heavy weight. Before I contact the shop that performed the work of like to get an idea what the source is. Any input would be appreciated

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have an 09 Z06 with a manual 6 speed and recently had the trans rebuilt and clutch replaced. After approximately 1000 miles of use I found a good size puddle of relatively clear fluid under the rear end. Seems to be heavy weight. Before I contact the shop that performed the work of like to get an idea what the source is. Any input would be appreciated
I just replaced one axle seal, wasn’t too hard, if you have the right tools, but also had leaks at an fittings to differential cooler. Replaced the line with quality aftermarket hoses & fittings. I would guess the tranny lines might the best place to look. Axle seals will leave a spray around the boot at the differential hub.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts