Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you do it? Just get the dremel out?

Zed

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jub jub said:
What are you up to now? :lol:
Just research... I have that brand new LS6 Crate Engine in, and it's running like a champ! hehehe... so now the research must begin!

Zed

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmmmm... So I can fly cut at home then... how much is the fly cutting tool?

Is spinning that cutter in the guide going to wear the guide badly?

Zed

·
21,378 Posts
I know you were anxious to get your engine installed, but you should have put you a cam in while it was out. Would have saved a whole lot of work!

To answer your question, I don't know. I've never used one but I would imagine if you lubed the tool before hand and during the operation there shouldn't be a problem. Plus, looking at how aggressive those teeth are, I wouldn't imagine it takes a whole lot of turns to cut what you need. Probably turn the tool by hand so as not to cut to deep.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
leaftye said:
You can rent the tool (Isky) and probably old heads too from vendors. I think LGM rents 'em.
I have some spare heads... one of them is real ugly, but still the right shape... the other is in perfect shape... cool.

Zed

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
jub jub said:
I know you were anxious to get your engine installed, but you should have put you a cam in while it was out. Would have saved a whole lot of work!

To answer your question, I don't know. I've never used one but I would imagine if you lubed the tool before hand and during the operation there shouldn't be a problem. Plus, looking at how aggressive those teeth are, I wouldn't imagine it takes a whole lot of turns to cut what you need. Probably turn the tool by hand so as not to cut to deep.
I'm cash short for a few more weeks... hehehe... after I get that tax return or my jeep sells... who knows! hehehe.

Zed

·
21,378 Posts
Zed said:
I'm cash short for a few more weeks... hehehe... after I get that tax return or my jeep sells... who knows! hehehe.

Zed
Well, if you're going to get some cash then by all means pick up some AFR heads!

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
jub jub said:
Well, if you're going to get some cash then by all means pick up some AFR heads!
Oh, that would be the idea! hehehe... I've decided being I don't want to replace everything in the engine NA would be the way to go!

Zed

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
I will loan you the tool and give you some tips PM me and I will hook you up

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
22655TD said:
I will loan you the tool and give you some tips PM me and I will hook you up
When I get my tax return, you will be the first to hear from! Thank-you very much!

Zed

1 - 14 of 14 Posts