Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed fog/driving lights (as standard on the C5 coupe) behind the front air intake screens?

What lights did you use?
How were they mounted?
How well do they work?
Any problem aiming them, given the diffusion resulting from the screens?
Any comments on wiring approach?

Any other lighting modifications?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Checked on getting set installed at local vette shop and they didn't tell what brand lights they were going to use but they wanted $600 due to the difficulty to install.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
If you would buy the stock brackets and the cheap Blazer lights ($39.00) it would not be hard to do, but I was one of the first people to do the PIAA 1100X driving light swap of the stock lights, and if your going to put driving lights in then use the PIAA 1100x's, buy the brackets if they are sold without the lights, if not buy the assy. and throw the lights away, you will also need the stock switch for the dash.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How well do the PIAA lights work behind the screens? Do you happen to have the part# for the blazer lights? Much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I do not have the part number but I would call Bob at Fichtner Chevy at 800-234-5284 and tell him your a Forum member and he can let you know pricing and if the brackets are sold without the lights, you will lose a lot of light behind the screens but the PIAA's are 3 times brighter than the stock driving lights

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have installed the Piaa 1100x's on my car and they work great!! I bought the stock foglights, and used the stock bracket and attached the piaa's. I also ordered the factory switch for the dash. All in all, very straight forward install. Put my car on rhino ramps, got underneath and took off the plastic plate behind air foil and got access that way. Great addition to lighting.
I highly recommend them and they look really cool shining through the screens.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts