Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a used breathless shifter it also had 3 set of springs red, white and black and then there was a set installed already in the shifter. I opened to check what of spring was in there and out of all 4 the one installed was the softest. Now the thing is i got my shifter installed but the problem is my shift knob moves up meaning i can pull it up very easily and so it kinda weired also it makes noise when there is vibration like metal against metal. Is this normal ? i think the problem might be the very soft springs what do you guys think?

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Call Breathless Performance at 954-925-7725 and ask them nice folks. :cheers:

·
Registered
207 Posts
MrKool said:
i got a used breathless shifter it also had 3 set of springs red, white and black and then there was a set installed already in the shifter. I opened to check what of spring was in there and out of all 4 the one installed was the softest. Now the thing is i got my shifter installed but the problem is my shift knob moves up meaning i can pull it up very easily and so it kinda weired also it makes noise when there is vibration like metal against metal. Is this normal ? i think the problem might be the very soft springs what do you guys think?
Shift knob moves up? You are going to have to be a little more descriptive.

In terms of noise - aftermarket shifters typically generate a lot more noise than the stock shifters.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I bought my BPP used, but after installing aftermarket shifter in my Mustang, I knew what it would be like. The noise is minor on a BPP compared to a Hurst, but I was able to completely eliminate it by pulling off the mini-boot from the stock shifter, and installing over the base of the BPP, and under the other boot. As to spring tension, I only received the soft springs, and have since opted for stiffer ones, for a more precise feel. My shifter would move vetically with the soft springs too.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DirtyZ06 said:
Shift knob moves up? You are going to have to be a little more descriptive.

In terms of noise - aftermarket shifters typically generate a lot more noise than the stock shifters.

well that is all it does :) i can pull the shift knob up and the springs pull it back down but when i want to shift into 5th or 6th i have to like push the shifter down and then slide it into gear and that is kinda annoying. Also if i push the shifter down the sound goes away as well.

I called Breathless and he was not sure at first but then he pulled out a shifter and said that you can pull the shift knob up but he has never heard of any one being have to push the shifter down to shift gears.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well finally changed the springs to the red ones i think they are medium and WOW what a diffrence the after market soft springs were the culprit they were too soft.
I love the shifter now :)

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
I love mine!

Alex :jammin:

·
Registered
498 Posts
That will be the first mod i will do to my car soon. How much are they still going for? Anyone selling any used one?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts