Corvette Z06 Forum banner

Fontana on 6/17

2K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  Greg Irvine 
#1 ·
Anyone else going to Fontana on friday besides myself, Kat and Pat?

Greg

#4 ·
Greg we will be there tomorrow. Unfortunately I will be driving Big Blue and Pat will be driving "Casper' his new truck. We haven't had time to deal with the oil pressure issue in the Meanie :cry:

#5 ·
Went to this event to watch. Have not been to a run what you brung race in years. What's up with the diesel trucks running in the 12's-13's ?....OMG. Forget worrying about big boost Evos, these trucks look like trucks, sound like trucks weight 5,550 to over 6,000 and are the ultimate stealth drag machine.

Not at all pretty, but very effective. Big Ass Trucks smokin' blown GTOs, ET better than SS camaros, Z's and even a GTS Viper and even a a few Z's. There was a Duramax diesel truck there that would give the new C6 Z fits in this kind of contest.

#6 ·
Yeah I agree. I have seen some big trucks run low 12's and high 11's. I am unsure of what exactly they had done but they were surely sleepers. However, no matter how fast they are they still look like a truck, and not a Z! :p

#7 ·
Z06Machine said:
Went to this event to watch. Have not been to a run what you brung race in years. What's up with the diesel trucks running in the 12's-13's ?....OMG. Forget worrying about big boost Evos, these trucks look like trucks, sound like trucks weight 5,550 to over 6,000 and are the ultimate stealth drag machine.

Not at all pretty, but very effective. Big Ass Trucks smokin' blown GTOs, ET better than SS camaros, Z's and even a GTS Viper and even a a few Z's. There was a Duramax diesel truck there that would give the new C6 Z fits in this kind of contest.
:rofl: Well the ones running 13's where just running turners or stacked tuners. The others running quicker where adding nitrous or propane to the mix. It is much cheaper to get these beast more HP. Big Blue weighs 7200lb and Casper the white ext cab short cab weighs 6200lbs. I busted something I think on my first pass in Big Blue so I only made 2 passes then McRat made another to confirm yes there was something wrong :cry:

Sorry I didn't get to talk to anyone tonight:( But I had to leave for a couple of hours for my kids school program.

Greg how did you run?

#8 ·
LKGRenegade22 said:
However, no matter how fast they are they still look like a truck, and not a Z! :p
I guess I'm lucky I have both :p

#10 ·
There was a pretty good headwind of 12-15 mph last night, lots of folks complaining about times and mph. I called a buddy that crews for a pro team and he said the headwind would shave about 3.6 mph according to his program.

I would guess it's set up for his car so not so sure how this applies. I was watching Gregs DA meter and it looked to avg about 2200 with a real elevation of 1250.

I left early too, not sure how Greg made out. I saw one run in the high 119's, but did not catch the ET. I think they were just getting warmed up.

#12 ·
I hope ZO6Machine is right about his buddy...Wally it ended up with a best of 120.67 @12.17...The car definitely feels stronger but the mph didnt bear that out...I hope it was the strong headwind...Sounds like wallstAL seems to agree on the mph...123 1/2 would have been nice but I will have to wait until August to find out again...Wally we need to go up on the 71 and find out...What do you think?...Glad you had fun yesterday...I'm envious about you and your dad...Have fun...

Greg

#13 ·
I already have some data logs we can compare from a 145mph test run if you want. I also have several blasts from standing start through rev limiter in third. We can run a scan on yours and that might tell us whats up. If we can find a place to launch we may be able to dial it in a little more. Dynos are cool, but do not tune for all conditions IMO. Or we can do it the old fashion way, as you suggested. Just thought I would offer it up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.