Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't seen this one discussed before:

What kind of shoes do you wear when driving your Z?

I almost always have some form of sneaker on, but about 2 weeks ago I bought a pair of higher end Adidas tennis sneakers with a harder sole )for hard court use) than the Nike Cross Trainers i'ld been wearing. I was very surprised to find that for me, I had better control of the clutch and gas when wearing the harder soled sneakers.

I think i've driven my Z while wearing a pair of reef sandals maybe once and the heel kept getting caught on the floor mat, I drove it a few other times wearing "dress" shoes, and the rest of the time wearing cross trainers. The difference with the harder soled Adidas was significant.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Sneakers mostly,sometimes my Teva sandals.I don't like a harder sole shoe,makes it harder to feel the padals.I would rather feel the pedals for better control.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Z06 greg said:
Sneakers mostly,sometimes my Teva sandals.I don't like a harder sole shoe,makes it harder to feel the padals.I would rather feel the pedals for better control.
that's what i thought too, but for some reason i'm more comfortable with a little harder sole, it doesn't make logical sense to me. Maybe the cross trainers were just TOO soft by comparison.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I agree about the sandals, my preferred shoe is a tennis shoe so i combine feel for the pedals and grip. Haven't really noticed anything better, but don't think I have worn harder soled shoes while driving.
:z:

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
When I'm just driving the Z around I usually wear sandals or my Merrell loafers. When I go to the track I wear my G-Force
driving shoes,,,,light as a feather and very thin soles make it easy to heel and toe when necessary. Before I bought them I used to drive barefoot at the track, which is still my favorite, but hey, ya gotta grow up sometime! :rofl:

Jimbo

p.s. Gresch,,,,good thread,,,this needs to be discussed.

·
Registered
174 Posts
i have found it to be a real bitch to drive in flops or bare feet. probably the biggest bitch i have with the car. gForce shoes however do rock, i will agree there.

but seriously, you guys have too much time on your hands sometimes i truly believe.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Seems like the only thing I ever get to put on my feet anymore are these......

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
soldmystang said:
i have found it to be a real bitch to drive in flops or bare feet. probably the biggest bitch i have with the car. gForce shoes however do rock, i will agree there.

but seriously, you guys have too much time on your hands sometimes i truly believe.
Now I know the Zipmeister has WAY too much time on his hands! After all, he is retired! (We all should be so lucky!)
:D :yeadog:

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Hey Jim...Your right, I have time on my hands, but not retired, I just don't work.

Zipster :z: :z:

·
Registered
882 Posts
Both Diesels and Tevas work for me! :coo:

·
Registered
174 Posts
sandals & black socks? dude, what is a teeva? starting to sound like that queer eye influence is taking hold. i guess i just lack that sophistication for finer footwear. :bang:

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
soldmystang said:
sandals & black socks? dude, what is a teeva? starting to sound like that queer eye influence is taking hold. i guess i just lack that sophistication for finer footwear. :bang:
teva's are beach sandals ....

·
Registered
882 Posts
soldmystang said:
And that is why you come to this site! To get enlighted! :cheers:

Teva's are just the best sandals for all round comfort and performance. They come in leather or synthetic materials. Have a built in shock pad so you can walk miles and feel no pain. Kinda like going from bias ply to radials. Check them out on the Zxxxxx site. ;)

And if you don't want to give up the black socks, make your statement! :coo:

·
Registered
108 Posts
I wear Tevas 99.999% of the time. :coo: Track time results in sneakers. You can deduce that I don't get in much track time.

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
I have 3 pairs of Reebok Ayerton Senna Racing Collection driving shoes that switch between if I am on my way to work.

I did a contract at the Reebok headquarters last year and took the oppertunity to buy a number of pairs of shoes at "company store" prices. The driving shoes were marked $30 a pair - so I got a blue/silver, black/red & yellow/green pair.

The most awesomestlyfantastically shoes I have ever driven in - bar none. Rounded heal, thin firm sole, gloveosft uppers.

I love em.

·
Registered
722 Posts
As narrow as you can stand wearing them normally. The best pair of driving shoes i've had were $19 Walmart Sneakers!! :cheers:

·
Registered
399 Posts
I generally wear a pair of rockport 'boat shoes' which I wear all the time... :)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts