1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

I am deciding to increase HP my vette c6 zo6
And I will keep it in stock mode except the bolt in
So my concern is what will be better for long term and less effect and damage for my engine as I keep it stock and daily used , if I put :

-plate nitrous wet from nitrous outlet with 150 shot
Or
-supercharged from edlebrouk with upgrade inter cooler as you knew our weather in my country is always hot

I already installed catback and cold air intake

Appreciate your response guys

Faisal

·
Registered
35 Posts
If you're concerned about stress on stock engine parts,I wouldn't do nitrous. 100 hp was noticeable to me with a H.C.I and drivability is changed a lot depending on cam chosen, heads,get the best. CAI was a waste of time and money since it will never compete with a procharger. So it soon grows into a F.I project. I don't know the year Z you have, but first upgrade heads and valvetrain. Good Luck.

·
Administrator
21,250 Posts
First off, I don't think most consider FI applications "bolt ons". The potential 'engine damage gauge' goes up a few notches with any FI application, be it blower, nitrous or turbo.

You might want to give some idea of your hp goals and purpose of the build and perhaps we can give better ideas for the upgrade and the risks.

Mike

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First off, I don't think most consider FI applications "bolt ons". The potential 'engine damage gauge' goes up a few notches with any FI application, be it blower, nitrous or turbo.

You might want to give some idea of your hp goals and purpose of the build and perhaps we can give better ideas for the upgrade and the risks.

Mike
Thanx a lot mike for your explanation

My goal only for street racing and daily use without any changing for the down of my engine
And I am looking to get between 600 to 650 hp
So what do you think nitrous or supercharged for less effect on the engine as I mention that I keep it stock
Will I reach to that number of hp with stock engine

Regards

Faisal

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just trying to say,you're gonna get your 100-120 with bolt ons and cast them aside for a real build. For me that amounted to lost time and money for a half hearted attempt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts