Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For Sale Blk/Blk 01 Z06 in Pa...

Just turned 2000 miles and is in like new condition. Never in rain; always garaged. Has all options. Only 4 months old. 700 miles are highway miles from the trip back from GA where the car was purchased.
The following aftermarket accessories are included...
B&M Ripper Shifter

Zaino'ed

Lowered 1 inch.

$43,500.00 obo.

Must sell. Baby on the way.... :eek:

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
I never understood the concept of selling a sportscar cause a baby is on the way......When we we having our second child, I BOUGHT the car :)

JC

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
N4C5S,

You must be able to afford a vette and a child, we can not. We want to sell the vette(unfortunately) and get something like an SUV that would be safer in a crash.

It is not a new concept...

G

·
Dave,

If I could make a suggestion....take a step back and think about this...the corvette is among the safest vehicles on the road. Its structural rigidity is among the highest in the world.

I would also suggest that once the baby has arrived..you may want the few moments of freedom it provides..

If you want to swap out for an 99 C5 A4 and ten grand cash..I can hook up with you..

That ten grand..could then be used to lease for three years in total, a minivan or GM SUV..also my suggestion would be to accumulate GM bonus points as well..to lower your cost even further..(I leased my wifes GMC 2000 Jimmy for three years/36K miles and that was my total cost)

This way you could have your cake and eat it too..(when the mood strikes..and believe it will..you will be able to go for a cruise with the glass top and the stars shinning through..

I had the airbag switch put in..so you could take your child in the unlikely event you needed too..(Great bonding time with your child and btwn you and me..it makes the local trips to the park much more fun! ) I bought my Corvette when the law allowed for the airbags to be disconnected..so I could enjoy these moments with my infant son at the time. His favorite car is the Red Corvette! I took him to all the corvette shows with me in his stroller..(fits in the back easily and all the kids love his dads car...and the parents too..LOL )

I'm in North Jersey and the car is immaculate...with less then 20K miles..and in perfect working order..zaino'd...and garaged..I have 3 more years on the extended GM warranty and you would have 30 thousand miles of car free driving.

I have three cars and the vette insurance only costs me an extra 600 a year to insure...
Trust me..you will want to get out and breath once in awhile..

BTW..congratulations on the incoming!

JB

·
Registered
878 Posts
My Baby boy is due on Feb 24th.. One month after my wife and confirmed we were pregnant, I said.. Now I need the Vette..

Why should the gals get all the attention during pregnancy :D :D

Besides.. I agree w/ JBsC5 - you'll need the relief, and the Z will be the cheapest form of fast relief I'm sure. You'll miss it dearly.. :D

Besides with 2000 miles, sounds like you hardly drove it.. just keep it or take JBsC5 suggestion.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the replies guys. This has been a very hard decision. This is our first and maybe I am panicing, but we just dont think we can afford the payment on this car plus a child. We have nixed the SUV idea as they are too expensive. We actually purchased a 99 Cadillac Catera which we hope is safe and somewhat reliable compared to the vette. I probably will regret selling it, but I hardly drive it anyway.... :(

G

·
Good luck and just so you know..having a child is not that expensive..every young father thinks that before the facts actually hit..

Keep the vette if at all possible..

You'll want to cruise out..beleive me..

Someone will need to go to the store to buy diapers..

The vette would be the perfect car to do that in...

You know you 'll be offering to help the mommy out more often!!

Good luck no matter what you do..

Your car sounds like a dream come true for someone looking to buy a very low mileage..(2000 miles is like new! ) Z06..

You might want to list the car to the www.ls1.com site..

These guys are dying for a low mileage example like you are describing..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts