Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(Mods: wasn't sure where to stick this, didn't fit well in any of the forums but thought some would find it beneficial)

AMSOIL has just released a new Synthetic Synchromesh Transmission Fluid 5W-30 which meets the requirements of GM Part # 1052931 for the C4 manual transmission.

AMSOIL Synthetic Synchromesh Transmission Fluid (MTF) is specifically designed for manual transmissions and transaxles with synchromesh systems that require light viscosity, non-extreme pressure fortified oil. It is formulated with advanced additive technology to provide proper friction characteristics for smooth shifting without grinding or bump shifting, while providing the ultimate in gear and bearing protection. MTF provides far better protection in these manual transmissions than motor oils and outperforms AMSOIL Series 3000 Synthetic 5W-30 Heavy Duty Diesel Oil (HDD) in transmission applications.

You can read more about it here:
AMSOIL Synthetic Synchromesh Transmission Fluid (5w30)

I can't quote prices online, but I will go out on a limb and say the retail price is under $7 per quart and the preferred customer price is about 20-25% less. If anyone wants specific pricing info, feel free to drop me a line.

AMSOIL Ordering Information
AMSOIL Preferred Customer Program

Note: the proper AMSOIL tranny fluid for the Z06/C5 is: AMSOIL ATF

1 - 1 of 1 Posts