Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a clear indication of how restrictive our air boxes are. The first dyno run was done with no changes. The second run was done with the air box held open about an inch with the filter still in place.

Sorry for the size, but hell with all your money you can afford private T1's....

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I wouldn't be so quick to judge. If you look at the dyno sheet I have, it shows an almost 3hp and 5ft/lb variation in the three runs. The car had NO changes other than the heat build up. No mods, no tuning, nothing.

Someday, I'd like to do a shitload of dyno pulls and and do some statistical analysis on them. I'd be willing to bet that there is a great deal of statistical variation.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Sure, but in other words... are you saying that an '02 box, on an '01... and now the difference is less than 1 RWTQ, and 10 RWHP?

This is excellent news!

And I am glad you posted that too!
Dave

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Excuse me... the dyno I see is your '01 vs '02 dyno sheet.

Are you trying to show a dyno with an '01 and an '01 with the air box held open about an inch with the filter still in place?

On 2001-08-16 17:58, Zoomin spewed forth this drivel:
Here's a clear indication of how restrictive our air boxes are. The first dyno run was done with no changes. The second run was done with the air box held open about an inch with the filter still in place.

Sorry for the size, but hell with all your money you can afford private T1's....

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Excuse me... the dyno I see is your '01 vs '02 dyno sheet.
That's because Frank edited my post with a downsized version of my 01 vs 02 dyno sheet. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Trying again:

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Thanks,

BTW, that's a mightly BIG graph thar /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Interesting... so a less restrictive system does show some promise if just opening the airbox with your hands is good for a few ponies AND in torque. Also shows (me at least) that the '02 intake really is not that much better than last years.

Thanks,
Don

On 2001-08-16 23:21, Zoomin spewed forth this drivel:
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD>Quote:</font><HR NOSHADE SIZE=1 COLOR=AAAAAA></TD></TR><TR><TD><BLOCKQUOTE><B>Excuse me... the dyno I see is your '01 vs '02 dyno sheet.
That's because Frank edited my post with a downsized version of my 01 vs 02 dyno sheet. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Trying again:

</B></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR NOSHADE SIZE=1 COLOR=AAAAAA></TD></TR></TABLE>

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No problem Frank. If you would downsize this one people would probably appreciate it. I just haven't been able to get my hands on the right software to do it....

S

·
0 Posts
WHen I get my scanner back I'll post my '01 dyno results.
Although they weren't as high (316rwhp/319rwtq, maybe not SAE), my torque is very flat and doesn't fall off at the end!
There is no curve in my torque.

The guy who did the pulls Kenny Brown, of Kenny Brown Performance in Indianapolis) said that was awesome and hp numbers don't show you the performance, but a flat torque line does, you want high torque in all rpm ranges.

Am I wrong?

Mods: Tape wheel weights replaced the factory clip-ons.
Build Date: 6/21/01 (last day of '01 final assembly)
Purchased: 7/11/01

·
Registered
629 Posts
You are not wrong. A flat and high torque line is what wins races. It lets you pull hard in any gear and any RPM.

Carl
Red 2002 z06

1 - 11 of 11 Posts