Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Does anyone know how much it typically costs to get forged pistons and parts to reliably support 575-600RW via a Procharger D1-SC blower? If so, does any of the supporting vendors do this?

I know the cost of a new shortblock is around $3500...but how much to forge the stock block?

Thanks in advance.
Sunrise

ps. Car is a 2004 Z06 with bolt-on mods.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Forged short block starts @ 4K

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Sunrise,

I am going through this right now. I just purchased a 347 forged shortblock from A&A Corvette Specialties (which arrived today....yeah!!!!!!!). I paid $5500 but that included a new stock block and crank, eagle rods, Diamond pistons and rings, ARP rod bolts, 224/228 .581/.588 114LSA cam, double timing chain, new oil pump, balanced and blueprinted, and stage II patriot heads......shipped.

I suggest calling Andy or browsing his link on the left.

Jim

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi there,

Thanks for your reply. Is everything that you purchased needed though such as the CAM and Head? Can one use the stock head and cam. Will those improve your currently great numbers?

I will give Andy a call.

Regards,
Sunrise

spdrcrj said:
Sunrise,

I am going through this right now. I just purchased a 347 forged shortblock from A&A Corvette Specialties (which arrived today....yeah!!!!!!!). I paid $5500 but that included a new stock block and crank, eagle rods, Diamond pistons and rings, ARP rod bolts, 224/228 .581/.588 114LSA cam, double timing chain, new oil pump, balanced and blueprinted, and stage II patriot heads......shipped.

Jim

·
Registered
378 Posts
Louis Rivera said:
Forged short block starts @ 4K
:yeadog:

We are lucky here in the NE as there are a few "Local" tuners who specialize in this type of engine upgrade. CARTEK or Vette Dr's comes to mind.

:cheers:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Sent you a PM.

Later ... Larry S.

·
Registered
200 Posts
$3,000 - $4,000 for parts - depending what all you want. At least another grand in labor to R&R the motor.

Mark

·
Registered
117 Posts
spdrcrj said:
Sunrise,

Jim
That's called a Longblock. Andy has some Great Prices on built motors!

·
Registered
200 Posts
I've talked with several tuners this week about building a forged motor (LPE, A&A, etc). You're looking at around $3,500 + shipping + core. Those are short block costs.

Mark

1 - 9 of 9 Posts