Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I found these on e-bay. The price is right for my taste, and I would go with package "E" to lower C/R to 9.5 Planning on a pro-charger later this year. Does this seem OK? Does anyone have any experinece with this brand? I don't forsee going over 700rwhp at most, so can I stick with the stock crankshaft? What other parts should I get to handle around 650rwhp?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...d=1,1&item=7984271999&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT

·
Registered
372 Posts
Mahle pistons are good. They make pistons for lots of F1 cars, ALMS cars, etc. Actually, the stock LS1/6 pistons are made by mahle, but they are hypereutectic cast, not forged. You don't see "JE Piston" stickers on the winning ALMS cars. So, the pistons are good. The rods, however, are the reason I haven't bought that setup yet. They are just "generic" H-beam rods. They LOOK like eagle rods, but they aren't. They might be ok, they might not. At the very least, they're probably better than the stock powdered metal pieces. I may still wind up getting this 'kit'. I wish they had a few more bore/stroke choices though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts