Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taking my 01 Z to Chris at ECS soon....What i would like to do is pick your brains....Looking for things you have done that worked, things you would change, or changes you wished you would have done.. At this point, i am leaning to a 383 stroker, moderate cam, stock heads[i don't think there is much more in the Z heads to be gained], 9.25 comp ratio...Have the [email protected] single intercooler with the new bracket now...Any suggestions would be very appreciated! :yeadog:

·
Registered
967 Posts
Forged 383 stroker is you’re most cost effective solution taking into account your current setup, presuming you have a D-1.
If not, you may want to consider it. While you have the engine out, may also want to consider a blower cam.

Remember though, your in good hands with Chris. He's built countless setups such as these, and you'd be wise to use his experience and first hand knowledge and go with his recommendations.

Once you've got the D-1 & Forged, it's time to turn up the boost to turn up the h*ly chit factor! :thumb:

Just noticed your a fellow Canuk!
Sent you a PM..... :thumb:

·
Registered
107 Posts
change

i would go with a 402 stroker. a square motor is very efficent and powerful. as far as heads and cam u should call al @lapd. he will give u the right setup with tons of power while still being effecient and streetable. good luck

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Agree with tlaselva, let your tuner design the setup around your goals.
There isn't any substitute for experience. ECS has a good reputation here.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I've got the Lunati 383 stroker kit in mine and that has been good from the start. I have the dished pistons designed to work with the turbo set up.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Hi dbvettez061. I'm taking my car up to ECS within the next couple of weeks for a forged 383, AFR 225s, cam upgrade, 8 rib pulley upgrade, fuel system upgrade etc. I have the D1SC and it sounds like we are doing taking a similar approach. I can highly recommend ECS. They did my supercharger last year, and are a good bunch.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Chris H

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Please post how all goes..What is your projected results for hp and tq? I am looking for about 650 rwhp and hopefully 575 rwtq ...

·
Registered
93 Posts
ECS does all my work.

I'm running a 382 forged stroker with the following.
Callies crank and rods
Diamond pistions
Total seal rings
GM head gaskets
AFR 225 heads with comp 921 springs
Cam motion reverse split turbo cam
9.4.1 C/R

TTix twin turbo kit with an ECS custom FMIC.

Car runs like a dream :thumb:

·
Registered
967 Posts
dbvettez061 said:
Please post how all goes..What is your projected results for hp and tq? I am looking for about 650 rwhp and hopefully 575 rwtq ...
That's about what ECS averages on a setup such as that, with mildly worked LS6 heads.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts