Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been tossing this idea and am curious who has and who hasn't tinted their Z06s.

I've always been a tint fan with previous cars but the extrovert hidden deep inside comes out when I'm driving in the Z.

Let's find out who has em and who doesnt and why.

Don
QSZ06

------------------

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I haven't tinted the windows yet. Around here I haven't found anyone that has done a real good job. Would look great though.

------------------
T/R Z06 with Red/Black Interior.
Waiting on Halltech Titanium TRIC, Red Kevlar/Black CF Magic

·
Registered
173 Posts
TINT here, I don't care for BSM.

------------------
2001 Z06 BLACK/BLACK

MAY THE TORQUE BE WITH YOU!

HENNESSEY MOTORSPORTS
Z500 #1

500 HP & 471 TQ

425.3 RWHP & 400.3 RWTQ (SAE 0.93 CF)

BEST TIMES

11.59 @ 120.60 MPH w/1.81 60' (E/T Streets)

11.90 @ 123.76 MPH w/2.14 60' (Street Tires)

·
Registered
217 Posts
Down here it's too hot not to tint. I don't like to be broiled under glass while driving.

------------------
Paul
#13 and President, Torch Red Corvette Club, Texas Chapter
CAGS, V1, Plate,
Momo shift knob, Red/Black WheelSkin,
Vortex, Clear Euros with blink-blink,
Decals, APC bulbs

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
It is illegal to tint here in Michigan, unless you tint no more than a factory tint.

------------------
2001 Z06
Black Black/red interior

G

·
0 Posts
Tint yes about 23%, and it looks great. Im trying to figure out the UBB code thing so I can post a picture. When that happens I will
/ubb/smilies/wink.gif

------------------
Hope to Z you soon
Ron

MYellow Z06, K40 stealth w/laser difusser front and rear, Clear conformal Licence plate cover (for the Laser D), 3m clear bra, CF shift knob, storage covers, and Lloyds rear deck carpet(to lower the volume inside)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Never liked BSM's, absolutely ruins the car,took mine off immediately. Tint is a must here in Florida, looks outstanding with
QS

------------------

·
Registered
528 Posts
I would love to have my windows tinted, but here in PA I would have no idea of who would do the kinda of quality job I'm looking for.
So for now no tint.

------------------
Mark's Web Site

01 Z06 MY/BLK,Zaino,Lowered,Ripper - No time slips yet
92 RS ProStreet Camaro (454) - Best E.T to date 10.15 @ 136 mph (all throttle no bottle)

M

·
0 Posts
Body Side Molding...<u>B</u><u>S</u><u>M</u>

Mark

------------------
Mark

2000 Roadster. DBGM/Lt Oak/Lt Oak. A4, 3.15 gears, base suspension and everything else. Vortex Rammer, Vortex Power Duct & BPP MAF ends...more to come!
Lowered, Chrome OEM Wheels, F&R S/S Chrome lettering, R Blackout Kit, Steering Wheel Decal, 2000 Chrome Exhaust Plate (99 of 1000), Lloyd's Mats.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Window tinting is a must in the hot state of Florida. Also black cars look really mean with the windows tinted! If you do get your windows tinted make sure you get a metalized tint. The quality is much better, usually comes with a lifetime warranty.

------------------

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
NO BSM here, don't like it... As a couple of the other people have stated, in Florida tinting does serve as a means to keep the car cooler but it also protects the interior from the sun. If you are considering tinting, it is in your best interest to talk to different providers. There are many different types of materials and processes. I took mine to a very experienced tinter who has been in the business doing high-end cars for over 15 years. Another suggestion is don't be cheap. The better materials are going to serve you better. I have the darkest black allowed by Florida law and it does look very nice with the QuickSilver. The yellow and black looks very nice with tinting as well.

------------------
QuickSilver with red/black interior, chromatic mirrors,
memory package and Lloyd Z06 mats

·
Registered
496 Posts
BSM's - removed a while back.

Tint - I'll get the windows tinted when the weather warms a little. I want it warm outside so the tint will adhere more readily reducing the problem around the dots at the top of with rear window.

------------------
SSPORT IT UP!!!

E-Mail: [email protected]
National Corvette Museum Member #4641
2001 Speeday White Z06 Corvette SS
2001 Navy Blue Metallic Coupe

G

·
0 Posts
I have my Z tinted. Limo on the rear and medium on the sides. Looks killer on the black Z.
Dont worry too much about quality of the tint, but the folks that do the work.
I got a "lifetime" warranty for as long as I own my car. That protects me from the peeling or bubbling problems that some seem worried about.

------------------
'01 Black / Mod.Red
Breathless Vortex Intake
West Coast Corvette Power Duct
Corsa Indys w/ Pro Tips
Momo Combat Knob(Red)
Z06 Exhaust Plate
Lloyds Z06 Mats
Much More to come!

·
Registered
29 Posts
A light tint on the sides would be cool but I'm kind of leery of getting it done. I've seen so many cars around here with really bad, peeling jobs that I not sure I want to risk it.

------------------
The Virtual Hermit 01 torch red Z06 + 65,67,72

·
Registered
99 Posts
Tint, yes soon./ubb/smilies/smile.gif

BSMs definitely./ubb/smilies/smile.gif

------------------

Quick Silver ZO6
Modified Red interior
Ripper w/ Momo knob
Vortex Ram Air