Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are you guys still sticking to your 500.00 discounts?????? well now that the special apr is gone i am waiting to see if you guys will budge more off the msrp..... just was wondering....Dan:)

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
ZO

I was wondering myself, what was going to come of the sales on the Z's...........
After the interest rate drop, and now back to school as usual......
With the cost of short term $$ being what it is, there should be a LOW rate system set up STILL........
I can't see a lot of prospective buyers walikng into dealerships @ 5-6% or more APR deals, and still paying list less $500.00.........
I see the future holding around $2500./$3000.00 off, as being the norm......
Most buyers can't take the double whammy of 5-6-7% interest rates, AND sticker or above.......
If something isn't done soon, I fear the winter months are really going to hurt the dealer salespeople..............:(

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
I understand your concern and thank you for it. The facts are, we have yet to see but one 2002 Z06 get to our lot before it has been sold and that is after selling about 75 of them. This car for now is still in great demand. Before the 0.0, we delv. about 50 of them at market rates on fin. and did not have one hit the lot before it was sold. :)

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Rick

I'm assuming the 14 you have posted are ALL sold at the same discount/s, and at the higher rates.........is this a fact???.

If so, I'm quitting my sales job, this afternoon......cause I have never had any item the public would pay list or near list for, and beg me for it, and I couln't get enough of........even in a recession which has already cost 100's of thousands of jobs..........

Not in 30 years..............Never once.

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
ZOSICK6 said:
are you guys still sticking to your 500.00 discounts?????? well now that the special apr is gone i am waiting to see if you guys will budge more off the msrp..... just was wondering....Dan:)
I thought the $500.00 off MSRP was for the MY Z06s and the other colors where discounted more.
Have I been mistaken?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well guys, i have to say i agree with zo6 ls6 and rick but, corvette's are not harley's they dont sell for 50k+!!yeah i know about the 1 year plus waiting list and all but i think harley is going to be hurting if the economy doesnt start bouncing back here soon!! hey rick more power to you and maxie price. you guys always tend to pre sell your vettes. but the zo6's seem to be the most!!! i will wait longer because i am not paying sticker for a car!!! i dont care if it is even a ZO6. i have waited 20+ years. another 6 months or so isnt going ot kill me!!! but rick good luck!! i hope you can pre sell all your vettes for ever but, that would not be realistic!!! peace....Dan:)

hey zo6, if bowling green has any down weeks then you know that corvette sales are hurting!!!!!! i think if the dealers(none here) keep jerking around GM on sticker for corvettes,that always hurts the auto maker first, then the dealers. the dealers can still make money i would think as long as the car wasnt floor planned longer then lets say 60 days or so!!! again just my 0.02......but i am sticking to it!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts