Corvette Z06 Forum banner

Forum Migration Notice -EXTREMELY IMPORTANT

980 views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  JZ 
#1 ·
We WILL be switching the forum software within the next week.

I have successfully upgraded/converted the database with one minor problem which I will have worked out very soon.

A few things will happen:

1. Obviously, the look will change dramatically. Namely, it will look like ass for a couple days, but will be fully functional.

2. Since I cannot shut the forum down manually, ALL POSTS MADE DURING THE TRANSITION WILL BE LOST!!!!! I know it will be hard, but please do not log into the forums at the announced time to minimize lost posts (time TBA).

Here's the big one:
ALL PASSWORDS WILL BE RESET! If all goes well, the system will mail you a new password, so MAKE SURE THAT THE EMAIL IN YOUR PROFILE IS CURRENT!!!!!!!!!! I cannot stress this enough, we cannot respond to 900 emails for lost passwords....Please check your profile as soon as you can.

This is not going to be as simple as when we changed from UBB, so be prepared.
This new software will have LOTS more features that I think you will really enjoy and provide us with tools to even further strengthen our community.

Again, I've been doing a lot of preperation and tests, and IMHO, we have a winner. If all goes to plan, we should only see 1 hour or less of downtime.

Remember, check your profiles for email addresses and update them.

If anything goes wrong, the forum will be reverted to normal. If we hate the new stuff, we will restore the backup.

Simple right? /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

You can scope out the new software at our sister site, http://www.vettec6.com

Thanks,

JC

See less See more
#7 ·
Hey, if we are going to make this the best site, then we have to make model changes just like GM!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.