Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A completely perfect deal for me on a Z06 I found within a short distance of me...

2001 Speedway White Z06 Corvette Hard Top
21,000 mileage
6speed, full lthr int, 1 yr warranty with purchase

$23,900

located in PA at a corvette only dealer called Keystone Corvettes. If this deal is for real, this car will be mine in about 2 weeks. I'm in VA, but I'll be up there in a few hrs to get it no problem if this is for real.

Is this too be good to be true? Possible misprint? I've never seen a Z for under 28k lol.

·
Registered
996 Posts
It definitely does look like it's too good to be true... Unless it's not really a Z06.

If you go see it, make sure you have it thoroughly checked for any accident, with a 3rd party mechanic. Don't trust Carfax to tell you anything about a car, I once checked an older car of mine which had been in 2 accidents (in Illinois, fully repaired), but nothing showed up on the Carfax report!!!

Good luck, and let us know what you find out!

Geoff

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Does sound like a very good deal. Keep us posted. :cheers:

·
Registered
403 Posts
Not sure if the new body style is driving down the prices or not. I haven't really looked at prices in a while, so I can't really judge that. There is a Corvette and Chevy Trader that can be purchased in most book stores that will help you do more comparisons. Not sure what kind of warranty they are offering. I would verify exactly what is covered. If the warranty covers a lot, then you couldn't really go wrong.

·
Registered
130 Posts
good deal

BNO, looks good to me, speedway white is a rare color. Just check it out real well before you buy. Good luck, Gily.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I just ran a CARFAX on it. Don't look to good. When I called up Keystone to get the VIN#, the gentleman told me flat out it was hit on the left side and he repaired or replaced the left side fender, door, quarter panel and also pulled out the B-Pillar a little bit so the door would latch. He says no frame damage and none of the Airbags popped. Then I ran the CARFAX and this is what they said, It was severely damaged and issued a Salvage and Junk title by a DMV. It was later issued a Rebuilt title by a Pennsylvania DMV, which allows for the vehicle to be repaired and returned to the road. What a shame...
-Dennis

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
BottleFed said:
I just ran a CARFAX on it. Don't look to good. When I called up Keystone to get the VIN#, the gentleman told me flat out it was hit on the left side and he repaired or replaced the left side fender, door, quarter panel and also pulled out the B-Pillar a little bit so the door would latch. He says no frame damage and none of the Airbags popped. Then I ran the CARFAX and this is what they said, It was severely damaged and issued a Salvage and Junk title by a DMV. It was later issued a Rebuilt title by a Pennsylvania DMV, which allows for the vehicle to be repaired and returned to the road. What a shame...
-Dennis

Atleast the dealership was honest with you.... That is hard to find now a days.

Chris

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Jofu said:
It definitely does look like it's too good to be true... Unless it's not really a Z06.

If you go see it, make sure you have it thoroughly checked for any accident, with a 3rd party mechanic. Don't trust Carfax to tell you anything about a car, I once checked an older car of mine which had been in 2 accidents (in Illinois, fully repaired), but nothing showed up on the Carfax report!!!

Good luck, and let us know what you find out!

Geoff

Make sure there is an "S" in the eighth spot in the VIN #.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I'll bet the dealership had NO CHOICE but to disclose the damage. In many states it is the law. However, it don't take much damage for a C5 to be totalled (hence, salvage title).
:usa:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Turn and run the other way...too many un-wrecked Z's out there to monkey around with that!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wow, thanks a lot guys. appreciate it so much. steering clear of that one, with my luck lately, knew it was too good to be true. thanks so much!!!!

-chris

and the search starts again..ugh...

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
too bad though would be a nice find. Keep on looking.

As for a real Z not too hard to tell, needs to be 2001 or newer and have a trunk lol
The brake vents and such people add all the time.
Again good luck with the hunt, check out carmax
Brian

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks for the info

how about this one

2001 Black/Black
$28,000
39k mileage
no issues whatsoever/accidents, mint condition

good price? mileage isnt too out of hand, normal daily use more than likely. is mileage a HUGE concern with these cars really? some cars i know are great...until 50k or so mileage hah, cough cough svt lightnings cough

·
Z06 WinterFest Coordinator
2,865 Posts
I don't see mileage as a problem!!
I've got 32K on my 01 daily driver and I'm pretty low for REAL daily's!!
As much as that selling number makes me want to cry, it's a buyers market! Keep doing your homework and you will get a great car for good money!!

Ken

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well I've been researching for 4 months now and the lowest i've found really is about $28k. I just found a yellow one for 27,900 however...don't really love yellow. But a Z is a Z to me, and I'll take what I can get for a good deal.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just bought an 02 Z. I did a lot of research. If you can get one for under 31500 something is wrong with the car. Even at 31500 something probably needs to be done to it like rims and or tires. I didn't shop for the cheapest car, but the best deal. Too good of a deal is just that. Buyer beware.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts