Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a local Z that looks really good but it doesn't have the electrochromatic mirrors or memory package. It's also missing BSM but I don't mind that. I was wondering if anyone knew what it would cost to add these features to a car that did not come with them. They may be cheap factory options but a lot may have to be replaced now.

Also, I ran a car fax on it and it came back clean but was originally registered as a commercial car. How bad is this? The car looks like it was in the St. Louis area the entire time but I'm worried GM may alter the warranty because of the commercial registration. Ideas? Thanks again all and Happy Thanksgiving!

·
Registered
523 Posts
I would think the chromatic mirrors are easy enough to in stall,but the memory package would be a major PITA,and probably cost prohibitive.The whole memory package controls everything from the seat to the A/C,radio........awhole other door panel.

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Pass on this one. Be patient, it'll pay off........

Be sure to check your old thread, lots of cars were posted in there.....Also check with our Dealers, sometimes they have used 01's and won't steer you wrong......

JC

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
I would pass on this one too. What about the one that Rick Daniels has?

carzzy

·
Registered
631 Posts
The first Z06 in 2001 that I had did not come with the mem pkg and the mirror option. I ordered both. The dealer grabbed the car that was not sold in the production sequence - Canadian spec car without those two options, figuring it was no big deal. I asked him to install the memory package - cost was prohibitive because of the intricate computer integration. Either take the car the way it is or pass on it.

The really important thing to do is make sure it is not burning oil.

·
Registered
261 Posts
You have a message

INTRCUL,

I sent you a PM, please read the message.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts