Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my car back to MTI today to have underdrive pulleys and " very high flow cats" . I am stoked. I went from 374.6/368.9 to 394.3/385.5 corrected. Uncorrected was 412.5/403.2. All done on the same Dynojet. The key to the cam working on an 02 Z seems to be the exhaust. Not just headers either. I am happy to say that Jeff continues to show his committment to his customers. He was intent on finding the power that we felt should have come from the cam and headers install. My net yield for cam, headers, pulleys, pcm is 37 RWHP and 39 RWTQ. Not bad! I can't wait for the heads to be finished. I hope to put this thing over 430 RWHP on the motor. If anyone is thinking of tuning their 2002 Z, I recommend Jeff and his team at MTI. They all show the same enthusiasm for power and customer satisfaction. And no, I don't own stock in MTI nor am I related or have any vested interest in their business. I just met them 6 weeks ago.
:guiness:

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
rfgoss1. Do you guys have to pass emissions tests in Texas? In MA they plug right into the OBD2, and run you on the rollers.So we have to be real careful what we do. Just curious?
ps Big power gains.Excellent :)

·
Registered
638 Posts
Damn Baron, Ithought CT was bad:bs:
I would take the chance for those numbers, hell you must know someone out of state to reg. with.

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
We used to be able to run a "similar car" on the dyno, and "no problem". Now , not only do you get plugged in,but they "bar code" your VIN. And to make matters worse, it tells if you have any unpaid pking tickets, excise taxes due,if your behind on your child support,any warrants for your arrest.... on and on." Big Brother is watching you" :mad:

·
Registered
200 Posts
TeddyZ06

Jeff @ MTI kick butt even though he has never worked on my car, but did work on my friend's C5 till midnight on a Saturday night to get the job done.

Nice power there! Now go run some 11's at hrp. :)

Do you guys have to pass emissions tests in Texas?
Most counties in Texas only need a visual emission's inspection (check for cats) while some counties usually inside or near the city limits of the bigger cities have to get hooked up to the emission's machine and pass. It not impossible to get around it though.

·
Z06 Power Adder Authority
3,265 Posts
Baron said:
rfgoss1. Do you guys have to pass emissions tests in Texas? In MA they plug right into the OBD2, and run you on the rollers.So we have to be real careful what we do. Just curious?
ps Big power gains.Excellent :)
Baron,

That stuff is coming to the larger Texas counties very shortly. Houston and the surrounding counties, and Dallas/Ft. Worth and its surrounding counties.

In May of '02 all OBD-2 cars in some of these counties will be subject to the type of testing you have to deal with. :( Then they're going to expand the list of counties as the years tick by.

As it is now, if you "know someone" you can get around stuff as they typically just require a visual except they do have an idle sniffer test in three/four counties in the state.

·
Z06 Power Adder Authority
3,265 Posts
Awesome power, Randy!

I'm planning to do the same mods except instead of doing heads, I'm going to throw a small shot of nitrous at it. But, you've got some great performance already with just the mods you've done! I will have to keep the "not so high-flowing" exhaust, though (read: at best case, some hi-flow cats). Maybe I'll see 385rwhp N/A.

Quick ?: Besides the PCM reflash, did they do anything at all so far to your fuel system? Larger injectors, bigger fuel pump?

Thx.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wes
We had the PCM reprogrammed by some guy MTI uses. Not Cole. Anyway, even after that, Jeff plays around with it to make sure the timing and such are correct. Did not change any fuel delivery other than the pcm. I am going with the spray after the heads go on. I want to make 435 on the motor first if I can.
Best of luck.:guiness:
Randy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts