Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These guys never cease to amaze me.

I finally convinced my girlfriend to go look at C5s. We wanted to drive a C5 convertible automatic. They wouldn't let us drive anything. Treated us like dirt bags.

Also, they had 2 yellow ZO6s...$10K over sticker.

I will never buy a car from these jokers - period.

D.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I have to agree. This is what happened to me. I was in town for a business meeting. I wanted to scam a 2001 corvette brochure. I took a couple of friends. I already had my Z. I made the guy nervous because I knew way more that he did about the car. I told him my friend was interested. My friend had to do the whole sit in the office and go over the brochure page by page. At one point I went into the office and asked the guy why he had them so marked up. I told him I can go to Kerbeck and get it for sticker. He then said that for "this week only" he would take it down to sticker. Wow at that time it was about a $6000.00 savings. Nice guy.

We got the brochure and left. I would not trust that bunch. When they start the for this week only stuff.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I will agree, went by just looking and saw that the Z06's were all at least 5000 over sticker. Seem the tactics are to buy and dealer trade for as many as they can get. This raises there dealer alotment, now they have the corner on Vettes, and can price as high as they want. Great business tactic but bad for business of selling to a person that can find much cheaper, and most of the time below cost elswhere. And that's my two cents and 1/2.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Been there a few times. Every friggin vette marked up. Tried to do a deal on a Z06 at MSRP would not even discuss it. Its really ashame that they are the largest vette dealer in DFW. Chevy should yank some allocations from them. They are trying to be a monopoly.

BTW... never trust a dealer with those old fashion manager offices that sit up on 3 foot base. So 1950s.

·
Registered
528 Posts
This place is a nightmare to deal with... I went in and look at one of their Z06. I told them I wanted a silver, which they didn't have one in stock, and they wanted $5k over sticker. They would not go down any lower. I told them that I'm not willing to pay over sticker for any car, and I would settle for a regular C5 if I can get a good discount... and guess what? All of their regular C5 coupes and convertibles are marked up too.. I was like, what the hell is going on? Forget this, I left after the salesman and the sales manager tried to BS with me about the reason for their marked up... I went and shopped around, and Van Chevrolet was willing to sell the Z06 for me at $2K over sticker... I left again... couple days later, the salesman from Frank Parra called back and I told him what they were offerred me at Van. The guy immediately told me that if I can come in that day, he can give it to me $2K over sticker.. yeah, they were trying to pull that "today only" kind of trick.. I told him what I was willing to pay for the car, I told him that I was serious about buying, so don't play around with me... He kept telling me that was the best he can do for me... he went on and on about how he could get fire for offering the car to me at $2K over sticker. i told him no thanks... They had the Silver Z06 that I wanted, so I went and deal with a fleet manager.. This guy was very nice, he flat out told me that the fleet price for this car right now is MSRP. After a little while, I was able to get my Z06 for under sticker... what a deal.... The salesman then called back about 3 days later, I told him that I already bought the car that he offered me $2K over sticker for under sticker. He asked me why I didn't ask for him. I told him, buddy, I told you the price that I was willing to pay for the car, I told you that I was serious, i don't have time to waste making the trip back and forth to the dealership, and you told me there was no deal. So, I went and make a deal with someone else..... Oh boy, he was pissed.. he then told me, OK...thanks...bye... I said "no problem"...
Frank Parra will not let you test drive any of their car, and their service depends on what kind of car you drove in with.. This is my third bad experience with them.. The other one was with their body shop. I took in my 92 convertible in to replace a rear bumper after a small accident. I got my car after three weeks and the paint was horrible. They couldn't fix the little crack on the rear panel.. They didn't even paint the whole rear piece. They fixed the little crack and just blend the paint in that little small section.. I took it back and complained and waited another week. Again, they still didn't do it right... The orange peel was so obvious on the rear bumper and it wasn't smooth at all. I asked the service manager why it looks like that. He told me that it needed to be wet sanded.. I told him, so why the hell didn't you do it? Why do you deliver the car to me this way after 4 weeks???? So, he asked me to wait, he took it right around the back to get the tech to wet sand it for me. By now, the paint is already harden and very hard to wet sand and it still look crappy... I don't know what kind of techs they have working in that bodyshop, but I don't think they know how to paint and repairs fiberglass. I got pissed and took my car out to my friend who own a little garage and he was able to repair the crack and repaint the whole thing for me perfectly. I don't know, but I was a little worried when I went to the back of parra's bodyshop because I demanded to know who was working on my car, I couldn't even communicate with the tech cause I couldn't understand a word of what he said.. All I know is that it doesn't matter what kind of car you bring in, a $50K corvette, or a $12K cavalier, they will put the same cheap ass paint job on your car......bad, bad, bad...

Sorry for the long post...... first timer..

·
Registered
245 Posts
I was there about 2 weeks ago. They had a Speedway White and Quicksilver. I wanted to see them both together so I could decide.

$5K markup on the White, $7.5K on the Silver. I had to sit with the Saleman and meet with the Mgr. He asked when I wanted to buy, I said I was in no rush, the next couple of months. He said what will it take to buy one tonight. I told him to take off the markup.

He said, we are not going to do that b/c we "CAN" sell them at that. I told him the folks that have been paying that are STUPID! He said the white had been on the lot for 200 days and he wants to move it. (I want White). I told him I had visited another Dealer (Classic in Grapvine) and they were giving me $100 off MSRP. He could only go to $750 above. Thanks, but NO thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
One trip to this dealer is one to many. I was sorry I wasted the time to drive 140 miles each way to check them out - My local dealer was a lot easier to work with.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
It was a tie between them and VAN CAN'T.......:rofl:

it was soooooo bad, I will NEVER ever attempt to buy from either again.

Now, you tell me...was it worth it to them?.
I don't think so.

So far, it's cost them 3 sales.:D

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
ZO6LS6 said:
It was a tie between them and VAN CAN'T.......:rofl:

it was soooooo bad, I will NEVER ever attempt to buy from either again.

Now, you tell me...was it worth it to them?.
I don't think so.

So far, it's cost them 3 sales.:D
The original post on this thread is obviously very old but the recent comments are interesting... I've been talking to a guy at Parra about a new '03 and the numbers I have been quoted are very agressive and everything thus far has seemed okay. My contact with them has been over the phone with a rep from their internet sales (which means absolutely nothing in most cases... it's just the next guy in line or the first one to finish his smoke). In this case though, it seems like he's someone from fleet sales as he (like me) wanted to cut to the chase w/o the BS.

It seems like you guys all went to the lot and was approached by a sales shark. I am not sure what the deal is with the "volume" dealers in Texas. Parra has inventory second to none in Texas and their equivalent in Houston (a distant 2nd in terms of inventory) are probably THE volume dealers in Texas but I can tell you the ones in Houston are just as you guys described which led to me Dallas and ultimately Parra... now your comments have me a little :-? Obviously, these guys sell their cars as they continue to get them so what gives? I know there's a sucker born every minute but...

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Mr. Bevo,
( a HORN MAN) no doubt............;)...........Parra as I understand it has come under new management/ownership.
And they have changed their style( so I hear).
When these posts were made, we were still in the "Z" frenzy........
Meaning dealers had the upper hand.....and some ( Parra for One, and Van Can't), were plainly put, buffoons.........and treated you as such when you walked onto the lot.
It's always amazed me, that the folks that treat you like crap in good times, seem to get a new perspective when things get slow....
Either way, good luck to you......
I will continue to deal with the folks that wanted to deal, and gave some respect when I was looking when it was still "Z" frenzy........
I despise Jeckyl & Hyde dealerships..

·
Registered
195 Posts
It was worth the plane ticket and 1300 mile drive back to Texas from Stanford Chev, Dearborn MI to avoid these guys. I tried to deal with them in Sep 2002 and they were unworkable.
I got $4000 off sticker when both Para and Van wouldn't budge off of $1000 over sticker.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts