Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FS: FRC / Z06 Partition

I'm putting in a subwoofer so I'm selling my corvettepartitions.com partition. It's black carpeted both sides. Regular price is $199. Here's an excerpt from their webpage:

FRC/Z06 All Carpet Partition

Professionally constructed of MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard) that is fully CNC machined for the best fit on the market. Our partitions leave no gaps for air and sound to pass through, enabling our partitions to give the maximum sound deadening available on the market.

Benefits Include:

40% trunk noise reduction
Separate trunk compartment to store items out of sight
Added style for your interior, especially with logos added
Enhanced stereo sound - You will actually hear your rear speakers!!!
Improved cooling as 10 cu. ft. is removed from cabin area

Definitely a high quality unit. Used only for a few months. You can check my feedback on ebay. My username is jcheunger. Asking for $125 + shipping. Email for quickest response.

·
Registered
353 Posts
why are you selling it? most of the partition guys say there is no reduction in the bass from the woofer with a partition. sure hate for you to loose money if its not going to prohibit your stereo mods.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is a reduction in bass from the woofers. I actually dropped a temporary box in the back and actually tested this out. Basically, to acheive the same effect, you'd have to turn the bass up. Rattles on the outside start appearing and even then, I feel some of the clarity is lost. Although the lower sound frequencies definitely travel through much easier, the partition is more or less doing it's job.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts