Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Nate has informed me that he and his manufacturer believe that the carpet color is slightly different in the 2002 Z06 vs. the 2001 model. Even though they verified that the carpet's part number has not changed, they have claimed that 2002 owners have commented that the match is not perfect with the carpet now used on the partition.

I have been in email correspondance with Nate on this issue with respect to the partition group purchase. Nate says that he wouldn't want to sell partitions to 2002 owners and have them dissatisfied with the carpet match. At this time, they are looking into this farther to see if GM has really changed the carpet in some way.

Question -- has anyone with a 2002 Z06 already purchased a partition from Nate, and if so, can you tell a distinct mis-match in color and/or texture??

At this time, it sounds like the number of orders for the partition group purchase is upto 15 (almost there -- need 20+). Please don't backout of the group purchase until we give Nate and the manufacturer some time to figure out whats going on with the carpet issue in the 2002 Zs.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
I purchased a rear cargo cover from Nate and it definitely does not match in color. :(

Not that big a deal... but I would be happier w/ a perfect match. :)

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm assuming the cargo cover uses the same carpet as what is used on the partition also.

How bad of a mismatch is it? I would think it would stand out more on the cargo cover than on the partition.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
ZO6 ADDICT.

I found a 2002 black /black Zo6 yesterday at Steakley Chevrolet on the showroom floor in Dallas Tx that I was able to put THE PARTITION and Center Storage cover in that we manufacturer.They looked great together,I will agree that the center storage cover did in fact look a little darker but not obtrusive by any means. (unlike the pics sent to me).
The carpet in this 2002 Zo6 was the exact same as the 99 HT that was in my store only hrs before,as I expected.

I spoke with Bob at Ken Fitchner Chevrolet (He is in Parts Dept.)and we researched all the part numbers for ZO6 Rear cargo carpet .They have not changed for 2002 and are not going to change.If you have one that is running on the lighter side you should be able to tell by comparing the cargo carpet to the piece of carpet that runs up behind the seat.These pieces are different grades and colors should in most cases match.

As far as us changing carpet on the rear storage cover ,It is going to take time to find this,My suppliers in Tx. all sell the same thing.I have spoken with a mill in Florida that is sending me samples .But they to have told me the same thing every other mill tells me Black is black and dye lots will change slightly.

I have not given up on this guys ,but It does take time.
I do have a couple of questions though?
1.Has anybody bought a 99HT center storage cover?
2.Did the 99 HT cover match in color and texture?
3.Has anybody purchased the ZO6 Embroidered cover from Ecklers?
If you have would you post answers in this thread?

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
ZeeOhSix said:
I'm assuming the cargo cover uses the same carpet as what is used on the partition also.

How bad of a mismatch is it? I would think it would stand out more on the cargo cover than on the partition.
Easily noticeable... several friends have commented on it.

Again... it is function over looks for the cargo cover for me. :)

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Perfect Illustration

Nice pic Vetter... that tells the story.

BTW... do you like the partition? Where 'd ya get it?

Just curious...
:)

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Awesome Pics Vetterman

As I asked before-

1.Has anyone here bought a 99 HT Center storage cover?
2.Has anyone bought the one from Ecklers?(Z06 EMBROIDERED)
3.Has anyone bought cargo mat for their 2002?
4.Did any of the above match your 2002?

I spoke with Lloyd Designs today and found that they do not show a color change on their products for the Z06 (Black versus Greyish black).

Does anyone here have a digital camera that has taken pics of the partition installed in their 2002 Z06...........!!!
Do we all have to rely on vettermans pics on this one ?
:yeadog:

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
VETTERMAN

I noticed that you have 2 - Z06 corvettes,I was wondering if you could take pics of you loyd front floor mats laying in the rear of your cars.If the cargo area matches your loyd design mats than maybe I can buy from their supplier. Just an observation here!

I am changing internet connection and will be up and running 19th,I can recieve email but can not send it .

·
Registered
164 Posts
Awesome pics

ANDY said:
I found a 2002 black /black Zo6 yesterday at Steakley Chevrolet on the showroom floor in Dallas Tx that I was able to put THE PARTITION and Center Storage cover in that we manufacturer. They looked great together, I will agree that the center storage cover did in fact look a little darker but not obtrusive by any means.

Do we all have to rely on vettermans pics on this one?

No need to make things personal Andy! The fact that the partition and center storage cover Z06 Parts Inc currently manufactures does not provide for a factory color match on 2002 Z06's is something you need to correct. I have two such examples in my garage and a close colleague of mine has a third only a few miles away. The factory carpet color in 2002 Z06's does appear to be consistent and is very different from that which is found on your product.

VetterMan

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Easy fellas... I'm sure all parties here want everyone to be happy.

Let's just not get too personal here. I'm sure that our forum vendors here want to do what is right for their customers. Let's just give 'em a chance... :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts