Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
get a copy of june issue of chevy high performance magazine for a free fix for clutch problems with your ZO 6.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Motorman:

Please elaborate on clutch problems....so far my clutch performs fine.

Zippy /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if you do not drag race and speed shift this does not apply to your corvette. it has to do with a slow release of the slave cylinder under speed shifting conditions.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
there is a restriction in the line between the master cylinder and the slave cylinder that prevents the fluid from returning to the MC fast enought.

Z

·
0 Posts
And ???????? What must be done . I do not have this issue. ??? /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif (of the magazine that is ...)

*** '01 Black Z06 Race #4851 Sequence/PVI # 008616 Born 9/20/00 & C5R #Y4835 ***

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Does this apply to 2001 Zs only, or both the 01/02?

Someone spill the beans already!! :D

·
Registered
162 Posts
Anybody have this information?

I have read about this on another topic and I would like to find out how to perform this important mod. Does anybody have pictures and instructions?

·
Z06 Maniac!!
1,541 Posts
It is my understanding the line restriction applies to a 6 speed vettes since '97. It will result in a pedal with is lazy in returning from the floor on hard up or down shifts. The line can be drilled and there is an aftermarket line available. DRM told me they have had good luck avoiding the sticky pedal with frequent changes of the clutch fluid in the resevoir and leaving the fluid level about a 1/4" below the full line so the fluid has somewhere to go. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
clutch fluid?

RIPPIED: what fluid does it take? What intervals do you use to change? Brian

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Hmmmmmmm???????
c4c5, said this is NOT the problem...........
What ya' say Paul?.....
It is much more complex than just the restriction....and the General IS working on the fix.......uh huh..........
I replace the fluid about once a month.........keep it clear, and I don't think you will have an issue.........

·
Registered
932 Posts
How do you change it??? The fluid????? Thanks Z06LS6

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
outlw,
go to an auto parts store, and get a battery hydro bulb....without the readings, or a turkey bulb baster.....
Suck the old fluid out, and wipe out the resevior, and then refill with new fluid..........
DO NOT allow this to get on your paint........it will ruin the finish.
Use GM fluid, or Valvoline Syntec.....a Dot 4 rated fluid.....
Be sure to get a fluid suitable for Hydraulic clutches...........:)

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
Turkey baster......

DO you have to watch for air in the line like brake fluid?? In other words...dont suck it totally out of the bottom??? :-?

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
RF, NO.......just suck it out to the bottom, and then refill, after wiping out the resevoir( all 4ounces of it!!!!!!).

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
How often??

Will the fluid look brown like hot brake fluid?? And can ya sneek the turkey baster back into the kitchen without the MRS finding out???:eek: :eek: She did find out I used the dishwasher for a parts washer when restoring the '63! :roll:

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
RF,
When the fluid darkens, go for it........and PLEASE........DO NOT use the wifie poo's Turkey baster.......that is unless you have a LITERAL death [email protected] Thanksgiving.............the crap is XXX POISON......:(
Don't be a tightwad, spend that $4.00...........;)

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
I was changing my fluid every week. Didn't matter, the clutch pedal stuck to the floor (started when racing down a straight line and shifting hard for some reason :-? ), almost went through my garage door when I couldn't get it out of first and pedal was stuck to the floor. Had the clutch replaced, dealer said plate was burnt. Haven't been down that straight line lately (doing corners now :D), clutch is acting fine!

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
Only ONE pedal should be to the FLOOR

Sounds like this strait line stuff is bad for your car's health...:eek:
I will look for a garage sale and pick up a USED turkey baster :lol: and spare a fiasco on Turkey day! I think ambulances charge more on a holiday too!

Guess my "slow" 1800rpm launches will have to do at the drags to preserve MY garage wall...havent had a prob yet the few times I have done that.

Lets do a rain dance now for clear skies at POCONO tomorrow--lots of turns and SPEEEEEEEED!:D

BE :cool:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts