Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that don't drive their Corvette to work every day ...
June 30, 2006 - 6th Annual
-"Drive Your Corvette To Work Day"-

...Celebrating The Enjoyment of America's Sports Car
Friday, June 30th, is the date of the 6th Annual Drive Your Corvette To Work Day, sponsored by Mid America Motorworks. In honor of Drive Your Corvette To Work Day, enthusiasts across the United States make "America's Sports Car" their commuter car for the day. Every year, the Friday closest to June 30, Corvettes official birthday, is chosen to observe Drive Your Corvette To Work Day this is the first year the event actually fell on the same day.

Mid America Motorworks promotes Drive Your Corvette To Work Day among Corvette owners and clubs. The goal is to have as many Corvette owners as possible drive their car to work that day. Launched in 2001, Mid America Motorworks' Drive Your Corvette To Work Day is an annual event celebrated by thousands of Corvette owners.

"We understand why many owners consider their Corvette to be a special car and only drive it occasionally," said Mike Yager, founder and "Chief Cheerleader" of Mid America Motorworks, the world's leading supplier of Corvette parts and accessories. "But we think driving your Corvette to work, at least one day a year, is an excellent way to demonstrate just how popular Corvettes are. And it is a chance for Corvette owners to meet new Corvette owners."

Corvette owners who observe "Drive Your Corvette To Work Day" are encouraged to send high resolution digital pictures of their car at work to [email protected] . Mid America Motorworks will post as many pictures as possible.

·
Registered
537 Posts
i would love to drive my Vette to work, only problem is the parking and the jealous people that come in and out of the parking lot all day...

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I already drive mine every chance I get, but count me in for the annual "Drive your vette to work day" - it'll be fun to see how many other vettes are on the road that day.......I got a nice secure parking lot and everyone in the building knows not to go anywhere NEAR my car.......plus I recruit the maintenance guy to keep an eye on it for me :thumb:

·
10,998 Posts
If you really love your Z06 you spend as much time as you can with it and drive it every day, I do :thumb:

(Pentagon in background, an old picture but you can't take pictures around it anymore)

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I drive mine everyday.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I work in Boston and if there's one think I can guarantee in life, it's my Z06 never knowing that this place exists. Here are just some of the reasons why:

1. I don't have enough ground clearance for the holes in the road.
  2. No pavement
  3. Cold patch 5 to 6 inches high in places
  4. Dump trucks
  5. Car theft
  6. Vandals
  7. Parking
  8. Blind people driving cars
  9. Ted Kennedy
  10. The BIG DIG

·
Premium Member
5,533 Posts
Dillon53 said:
I work in Boston and if there's one think I can guarantee in life, it's my Z06 never knowing that this place exists. Here are just some of the reasons why:

1. I don't have enough ground clearance for the holes in the road.
  2. No pavement
  3. Cold patch 5 to 6 inches high in places
  4. Dump trucks
  5. Car theft
  6. Vandals
  7. Parking
  8. Blind people driving cars
  9. Ted Kennedy
  10. The BIG DIG

Time to move... :D

·
9,755 Posts
As it happens, Friday is supposed to be the first day of the week with no rain.
Most of this week, I have been driving through so much standing water I actually found myself thinking "I'm glad I drove the truck" - not something I think often.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts