Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to meet Frisky today. He came by my office and met my partner (01 coupe) and me for a bit of Z talk.

We compared the exhaust notes side by side, and my car sounds like a well mannered Hoover on steroids, and his sounds maybe 50% louder with a more agressive tone to it. At idle the difference is minimal, but at 4000 it is very apparent there is a difference. Deeper tone and raspy.

His car had about an inch more gap in the rear. Wonder if the different springs and shocks account for this?

The spokes on the '02 are thicker, but if you didn't see the two side by side you'd never pick it up.

My partner's Vette is Navy Blue Metallic. On an overcast day, Frisky's observation of the color is that it is VERY similar to Electron Blue. In fact he asked if it was.

We'll have to get them both to the dyno on the same day to see what the difference is before we mod them. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
629 Posts
Zoomin,
Dyno sounds good. Maybe sometime this next week? And we could get some pictures and a sound bite or two...

·
Registered
123 Posts
Zoomin,

Will you get a chance to trade cars for quick run. A seat of the pants appraisal of the differences would be very insteresting. Even if you only rode as a passenger, it would be worth getting your impressions.

EZ

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Uh oh, I don't know if the world's ready for this get together /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Have fun, and try to get us the results

1 - 5 of 5 Posts