Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving on the interstate at night, 78mph in 70mph zone.

A van ahead on me runs over something and the object starts flipping in the air. Car next to me, no room to move.

End up running over a large chunk of a shredded truck tire.

The center section of the black plastic piece under the nose of the car was damaged.

What is that piece called? Is it called an air dam? I want to know prior to calling the dealer.

Thanks.

J

·
0 Posts
Its not an expensive piece...nor is it difficult to install.. I believe if you look on the center section of the spoiler you will see bolts..

Personally at this point..I'd suggest just rolling into the dealer and let them put it on for you..

The side corner pieces are pia though so if those were moved..backward..then my suggestion would be to let a mechanic do it..

I believe the parts are very inexpensive..

Good luck

JB

·
Registered
141 Posts
I think "air dam" is the correct term. On my car they are bolt-on pieces. I surmise from that they are intended to be replaced when hit. If you lower your car the air dam will scrape occasionally going over speed bumps and steep driveways. They should be considered replacement items like tires and brake pads.

·
Registered
105 Posts
You can go the the corvette forum and check out Ken Fitchners news letter and look at the parts that his dealership supplies at a dicount. The AIR DAM isn't that hard to replace nor very expensive. You will need to raise the front end of the car for room to get under it to work. Good Luck. Ken will do you good!:cheers:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts