Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at a 03 Z06 and noticed that the driver's front fender when it end and the driver's door begins (at the bottom) was not lining up correctly. The car does not have any history of accidents and from talking to one guy who owns a C5, he mentioned that many vettes have this problem and that is how they come out of the factory (not all but many)... Is that true?
Any of you have this problem?

Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Zmydust said:
I was looking at a 03 Z06 and noticed that the driver's front fender when it end and the driver's door begins (at the bottom) was not lining up correctly. The car does not have any history of accidents and from talking to one guy who owns a C5, he mentioned that many vettes have this problem and that is how they come out of the factory (not all but many)... Is that true?
Any of you have this problem?

Thanks
At the top of my fenders (03 Z) they (both) do not line
up very well also. I ordered and picked mine up at the dealership with only 1 mile on the odometer. So no any history
of any accidents or incidents at all. I know because, I talked
to the customer contact guy at Bowling Green the day my
car came off the line and I did the inspection,pre delivery,and
wash an clean up myself the following day at my local dealership. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
The panel alignment on mine is good. Orange peel on the doors and fenders is my big gripe. :cheers:

·
21,354 Posts
Take a mirror and look at the bottom of the fender where it wraps around and bolts to the frame. This is a weak point and it's possible for the fender to crack, seperate from it's attaching point and flap in the breeze.

To combat this, I purchased some big fender washers to place underneath the existing bolts to help distribute the load.

Before:

After:

·
Registered
3 Posts
There's a vette out here I was considering buying, but the headlight covers didn't align up with the front fender. And the front bumper was missing the screens.
I'm thinking it was in an accident, but I'm not totally sure.
It was also sold at 2 car auctions.

Does that sound shady or what?

·
21,354 Posts
icpsvt said:
There's a vette out here I was considering buying, but the headlight covers didn't align up with the front fender. And the front bumper was missing the screens.
I'm thinking it was in an accident, but I'm not totally sure.
It was also sold at 2 car auctions.

Does that sound shady or what?

Shady in CAPS! Stay away from that one! :eek2:

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Jub,

Nice idea. Did you mount a rubber washer between the fender washer and the fender?

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I notice my do not line up very well either and I thought something might be wrong, but I looked at another Z and it looked the same.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Zmydust said:
Any of you have this problem? Thanks
Thanks ? Thanks a lot. I just went out and looked at my Z16. The tops and bottoms are off at least a 1/32" both right and left. I WAS perfectly happy before. :D

Actually, four years ago when I got my '71 Z28 with 34k original miles, I spent a couple of days aligning the doors and all the front sheet metal. And, it's still not perfect, but a LOT better.
But, it is a 60 cars per hour Camaro. Our Vettes SHOULD be better. :thumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts