Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Frank:

I REFUSE to put my front plate on. Even got a ticket last year, and nothing was said about the plate (yes, I went to court and beat it.) They just want to check out your wife.

------------------

Quicksilver Z06

·
Registered
0 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dennis Jurs:
Frank:

They just want to check out your wife.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah...she has something between her legs that we don't. Least ways that's what I tell her.
And I'm pretty sure that's the reason. Actually Sherylann has been stopped a few times, and once the cop opened her door, and reached across her and fastened her seatbelt for her. I think the cop was trying to get a free feel.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I live in a state that requires the front plate. I think the plate really looks like sh*t. Well, Sherylann got a ticket yesterday for not having a "Properly Affixed Plate". She pulled into a gas station and the cop pulled in behind her to block her off and then put his lights on. I guess he thought he had a real criminal.

She's gotten 3 tickets for no front plate in the last 3 years. Cops wave at me and I haven't had any tickets. LMAO I feel discriminated against. Do ya think the cops pick on good looking women driving fancy cars??

I'll pay the stupid $41 fine and not put the plate on.

------------------
Frank Calmes Quicksilver 2001 Z06
Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, B&B PRT's with Speedway Tips, Ripper Shifter with Momo Knob, Chrome Z06 Wheels

Sherylann Calmes Black 2001 Z06
Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, Chrome Z06 Wheels

[email protected]

[This message has been edited by fcalmes (edited 02-04-2001).]

·
Registered
601 Posts
No front plate required in Flori-duh. I guess they couldn't count that high.

------------------

2001 Torch Red Z06

·
Registered
219 Posts
One good thing about the State of Indiana - no front plate, no emissions testing or inspections of any kind!
Bad news - I just got my new plate/tax bill for 2001 which totaled $481,00.
And I only get one lousy plate for all that money!

------------------
QS/Black - Stock Z06
99 Z28
70 LT1 T-Top
70 Z28 RS
Amish Buggy (1 H.P.)

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Michigan only requires a rear plate. What I don't understand is why those states that require front plates feel they are necessary... The states that only have rear plates get along just fine that way, so that proves one plate works. Bottom line is most likely M-O-N-E-Y.

Zippy

------------------

J

·
0 Posts
for $41 I would risk it, but the fine is significantly higher in IL

------------------

·
Registered
128 Posts
I dont have a front plate either, it looks like shit.

------------------
Dave Zehak
2001 Black ZO6
Best 1/4(so far) 12.5 at 112
"Mods"
B&M Ripper Shifter
RM racing Nitrous(not installed yet)
"Previous Vettes
1985 white Corvette coupe(auto)
1998 Silver Corvette coupe (M-6)
2000 NBM Corvette Coupe (M-6)

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I scoff at putting the *&%&%%%%()^&*%^(%&&( front %^#%^#$%#^$%#^ plate on!!! ...At least until I get a ticket

It's a $60 ticket here in social democratic (give me more of your money) State of Maryland. A co-worker received a ticket last fall. The cop followed her into a mall parking lot to give her the ticket. Funny, it does seem that around here more women get tickets...

·
Registered
99 Posts
I would sell the car if they made me do it. I swear I would.
It looks horrible.

------------------

Quick Silver ZO6
Modified Red interior
Ripper w/ Momo knob
Vortex Ram Air

·
Registered
906 Posts
I am going so far as to move to Arizona (NO front plate state + NO M/C helmet +
Class 3!) from the Great State of Washington. 30 years of breaking the front plate law is enough.

Harley(no helmet*)B

*Kids... you wear your helmets!

------------------
'73 Silver Roadster -gone
'89 Red Coupe -gone
White Z06 -coming

·
Registered
0 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hcvone:
They gave the boss a ticket? The cop was taking his life in his hands by doing that.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No doubt about it!!

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I think the cop was checking her out, that is why she was pulled over.

------------------
Carl V. *****Authorized Zaino Distributor*****
Huntingdon Valley, PA.** 2000 Magnetic Red Convertible **
MN6,F45,QF5,AQ9,AG2,CJ2,T96,B34,AAB,UN0,U1S,JL4,UV6,T82,N37
** Corvette Club of Delaware Valley **

www.hcvind.com
E-Mail: [email protected]

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
They gave the boss a ticket? The cop was taking his life in his hands by doing that.

------------------
Carl V. *****Authorized Zaino Distributor*****
Huntingdon Valley, PA.** 2000 Magnetic Red Convertible **
MN6,F45,QF5,AQ9,AG2,CJ2,T96,B34,AAB,UN0,U1S,JL4,UV6,T82,N37
** Corvette Club of Delaware Valley **

www.hcvind.com
E-Mail: [email protected]

·
Registered
391 Posts
I am across the state from fcalmes. I live in Kansas City Mo. and nearby is Kansas which does not have a front plate. Think that helps. No tickets. I have no intention of putting a front plate on.

------------------
Z06,Red,Modified Red.Stock for now.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Why don't you guys work to get of it by contacting your state representative. I know there is a move afoot in one state that requires two plates that is picking up steam.

Not having a front plate has another virture. It makes it impossible to use the automatic ticket issuing machines which are becoming more popular in Europe where they get a picture of you, your plate, and your speed all in one frame.

In Michigan they are so cheap, that they have only replaced the plates 3 times since I moved here 25 years ago.

------------------
2001 Z06
Black Black/red interior

·
Registered
347 Posts
Police Officers (and I know many) are good guys. Just like us.

Law Enforcement Officers are parasites. They are not, will not, can not be Police Officers. They serve only the local governments and enforce only those laws which place them in no danger.

Parasites. Murders and rapes going on and the big little boys with guns are out stopping women because they don't have a front license plate. Parasites...

------------------
Red Z06
24Jan01

·
Registered
347 Posts
Sorry Frank. Reading about some punk harassing your wife kind of made my blood boil... Got sideways on my reply.

No. I am not going to put a front plate on.

------------------
Red Z06
24Jan01

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
front plates are required here in ny state......the question is 1:put the plate on like the "rice burners" or 2:make a $40 donation to the state....I'll pay the $40 !

1 - 19 of 19 Posts