Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My state requires a front plate but I dislike ruining the looks of removing the cover and hanging a plate. Would like to remove the cover, velcro the plate in the recessed area and put the cover back on. I would remove the cover only when I may be getting into mischief so as to avoid getting pulled over for such a minor infraction. However, the cover seems to be "fastened" on the bottom. A squeeze on the top pulls the top out. What the hell is holding the bottom on? I have not used much force but the bottom does not seem to have the tabs the top does and I don't want to totally screw this up. SOLUTION APPRECIATED! Thanks.

·
Registered
906 Posts
There are 2 screws on the bottom. Use a small and smooth shaft screwdriver to undo them. Small and smooth due to space available...You don't want to scatch anything.
You can also pull slightly up on the cover to reveal the screws.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Do the Black Magic fix. Screw the plate on and then velcro the cover. The cover won't fall off. Mine has been like this for a couple of months. And if you do get pulled over, play stupid and say you were at a car show or something and walk to the front and pull the cover off. I take mine off and on all the time

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
kevslionel said:
Do the Black Magic fix. Screw the plate on and then velcro the cover. The cover won't fall off. Mine has been like this for a couple of months. And if you do get pulled over, play stupid and say you were at a car show or something and walk to the front and pull the cover off. I take mine off and on all the time
Great idea! I love it. :D I guess the car had better be clean when you say you were at a car show.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts