Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you noticed in the press kit pics that the yellow C6Z has a little black "lip" under the front valence air dam? And have you noticed that most all recent pics of the C6Z that I've seen (the ones from the car carrier, the super large pics of the red one, etc) do not have that piece?

Was is removed/scrubbed? I would like to see that piece there in the production car. I'm sure it will get scraped up quick on driveways and the like, but it's probably a rather easy piece to replace (price and "do-it-yourself") and that is provides a positive effect on air flow into the main intake duct opening as well as downforce by more effectively "splitting" the air flow.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
101 Posts
It does go on all cars.

It is not mounted during shipping and installed at the dealer. Some cars have been seen while rolling about but on another thread it was reported the spliter will be mounted on all cars.

In fact, if you look at the newer cars off the line, the air intake for the front brakes come from a hole in the spliter located in front of each wheel. So, it has to be installed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts