Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am interested in selling my 2001 Quicksilver/Black ZO6 to make room for a new 2002 MY ZO6 which I've located. I have come to an agreement on price on the 2002, however the dealer cannot give me a reasonable trade-in value on my 2001. Therefore, I have decided to try to sell the car on my own.

Since the 2002 MY ZO6 may be sold to another buyer at anytime, my 2001 will remain for sale until it is sold or until the dealer sells the 2002 MY ZO6, whichever comes first. If the dealer sells the 2002 MY ZO6 before I find a buyer, the car will be taken off the market and I will continue driving in stealth mode;) as opposed to arrest me yellow mode .

My 2001 is in Like New condition, with only 612 miles on the odometer. I picked the car up from Holiday Chevrolet in Farmington Hills, MI on March 9, 2001 (I ordered the car in September, 2000). I picked the car up on the day it was delivered to the dealer (5 miles on the odometer), and it has been stored inside under a flannel car cover when it wasn't being driven.

The car has never been in rain or snow, and never been through a car wash. I am the only person that has driven the car since I took delivery of it, and I've never eaten, drank, or smoked :puke: in the car. Zaino has been used exclusively for cleaning, leather conditioning, and polishing. I have all of the paperwork on the car, as well as the video, a sealed brochure, and an autograph by Dave Hill on the window sticker.

The car has never been in an accident, and has no imperfections of any kind on the exterior or interior of the vehicle. The car has not been back to the dealer for any work, warranty or otherwise.

Have I bored you enough? The car stickered at $48,995. The optional equipment includes the Memory Package, Electrochromatic Mirrors, and Floor Mats. I've also installed the Column Lock Bypass which is included in the sale.

My asking price on the vehicle is $39,900. Although I'd like the 2002 MY ZO6, I can't afford to give this one away. The asking price is very fair, and my price is firm. Please, no offers for trades or owner finances, I need cash :D .

Since I don't know how to post pictures to this topic, I'll have to email them to those of you who might be interested. Since I haven't taken any digital pictures yet, I probaby won't be able to take any until Saturday.

Thanks for your interest!

Frank

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
digital

Frank,

Sounds like a very fair offer, Getsome digital pic's and we will get them posted for ya................

Good Luck

:cheers:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IMA ZO6

Thanks very much for the offer! I'll take some pictures on Saturday and email you to see if you can assist me in attaching the pix.

Thanks again :D

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Frank:

Your car sounds beautiful! If I didn't already have my car, I would definitely contact you about yours!

Someone is going to get a new car for a darn good price...good luck in selling it.

BTW, since most on this forum already have Z's, have you thought of posting it on CF?

Zippy :) :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Zippy

Thanks for the reply, and yes, I've posted the same ad on the CF. As a matter of fact, I was thinking about trying to contact you yesterday to see how you liked your 2002 vs the 2001 you got rid of. Are you happy you made the change? My problem is that going to the 2002 will cost some serious $$$, but I like the idea of the increased HP, HUD, and in this case, YELLOW!!
On the other hand, I know my car is perfect in every way, and you never know what you might get even when you're buying a new car.
Anyway, we'll see what happens. If you get a chance, drop me a line and let me know how you like you're new ZO6.

Thanks,

Frank

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Frank:

I was Champ's Restaurant (on Orchard Lk Rd) last night meeting with other Detroit area C5 owners.....anyway, I love the '02 and have noticed a smoother clutch engagement, definitely louder, and the 20 hp is always nice! Yes, I like having HUD.
Of course, the $$$ difference for you to step up to an '02 is a serious decision to be factored in.

Zippy :) :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just heard from the dealer and they've taken a deposit on the 2002 MY ZO6 I was interested in. My car is no longer for sale.

Thanks to everyone who viewed this post.

Frank

1 - 7 of 7 Posts