Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Before I go the eBay route, I thought listing my Z06 exhaust system here might be a good gauge of interest/price.

I'm basically selling the three main stock exhaust pieces off my 2003 Z06 (Manifolds: SOLD, Mid-Pipe 'H' section: SOLD, and Titanium cat-back).

As shown below, these parts are in great condition and were removed at around the 15K mile mark.

I have more pictures of the exhaust system posted in the Member Galleries section (Click on 'gallery' link at the bottom of this post).

It seems that the stock Z06 Ti cat-backs are selling for approximately $450 to $550 on eBay, the manifolds $100 to $125, and the mid-pipe 'H' section...???...I have no idea...(My local Chevy dealership is charging $835 for a new 'H' pipe... :eek: )

I live close to Sacramento, Ca. (Rancho Cordova to be exact...Zip 95670).

If anyone is interested or has any questions, please feel free to email me at: [email protected]

Thanks,
Mark :cheers:

http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84184

·
Registered
13 Posts
Very interested in the H-pipe section.

How much for it shipped to 47448?

I can do PayPal or ?

(I know this is my first post here, but I've been on the Corvette forum ofr a few months and have made many purchases via the web.)

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
I'm interested in the center section as well and live close enough to will call (cash 'n carry) pickup. Does anyone know if the Z's center section can be retrofitted to a stock base model C5 coupe with OEM Ti mufflers already installed?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dsinned said:
I'm interested in the center section as well and live close enough to will call (cash 'n carry) pickup. Does anyone know if the Z's center section can be retrofitted to a stock base model C5 coupe with OEM Ti mufflers already installed?

A parts department guy at a local Chevy dealership told me that the 'H' pipe section off an '03 Z06 would fit an '02 or '03 C5, but he wasn't sure about other C5 years. He also mentioned a new '03 Z06 'H' pipe runs about $835... :eek:

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
What about O2 sensors? Are they involved when retrofitting the Z's center section to a base model C5 '03 coupe? The purpose of my questions, is to find out if there are any compatibility issues to retrofit the center section from an '03 Z to a base model ('03) C5. Would this result in eliminating the more restrictive Pup Converters on the non-Zs. I believe when GM eliminated those cats on the LS6 drivetrain, this alone was responsible for about 5 to 10hp of the 30hp total gained on the '02 an up (405hp) Zs. In your pic (above) I see the cats inline with the inlet pipes of the center section (upstream of the H pipe). Are the pups on the base model physically part of the headers, or attached to the back of the headers as part of the center section? I would like to know about this kind of stuff before considering a used center section purchase off a Z like yours.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dsinned said:
What about O2 sensors? Are they involved when retrofitting the Z's center section to a base model C5 '03 coupe? The purpose of my questions, is to find out if there are any compatibility issues to retrofit the center section from an '03 Z to a base model ('03) C5. Would this result in eliminating the more restrictive Pup Converters on the non-Zs. I believe when GM eliminated those cats on the LS6 drivetrain, this alone was responsible for about 5 to 10hp of the 30hp total gained on the '02 an up (405hp) Zs. In your pic (above) I see the cats inline with the inlet pipes of the center section (upstream of the H pipe). Are the pups on the base model physically part of the headers, or attached to the back of the headers as part of the center section? I would like to know about this kind of stuff before considering a used center section purchase off a Z like yours.
Good question(s) for sure...:thumb:
Unfortunately, I don't know the answers...
Hopefully someone with exhaust system experience on base model C5's could answer your questions accurately.
I'm guessing Andy at A&A in Oxnard, or Mark/Terry at MSI in Roseville might have the answers you need.
Also, I still have the front o2's that were connected to the manifolds. Let me know what you find out/decide.... :cheers:

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
and the mid-pipe 'H' section...???...I have no idea...(My local Chevy dealership is charging $835 for a new 'H' pipe... )
No offense, and till now there has been no mention of asking price, but when this little piece of (I'm sure factual) information was casually slipped in, I think any potential buyers lost interest. :-?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
dsinned said:
No offense, and till now there has been no mention of asking price, but when this little piece of (I'm sure factual) information was casually slipped in, I think any potential buyers lost interest. :-?
Interesting point. I appreciate the input.... :thumb:

However, I'm the kind of person who likes to obtain as much information as possible about an item before I make a purchase (or sale) over the internet. In other words, gimme all the facts and figures so I can make an informed decision (Or at least try... :lol: ).
I would imagine that most potential buyers of used Z06 parts (Especially on this forum) would have a pretty good idea of the value or 'market' price of the parts that interest them....
For now, I think I'll keep my posting as is. Although it might 'cost' me, I'm still under the opinion that knowledge is a good thing.... ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts