Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I no longer need my own 97-04 LS1 Edit since ECS does all my tuning now. It sells for $450 NEW plus shipping - I'm asking $250 shipped. This is the same programmer sold by Carputing The buyer would need to contact carputing to obtain an additional license for $100 - A great deal!

·
10,998 Posts
I am interested. However if you no longer will be the VIN registered for this copy why do you have to buy another license? Can't it just be transferred?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe Carputing requests a small fee to transfer the license, which is depicted on the 2nd link in my post. You may want to call them to verify.

panzer said:
I am interested. However if you no longer will be the VIN registered for this copy why do you have to buy another license? Can't it just be transferred?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
well in the 2nd link you provided they say

100 for the 2nd PCM

You MUST also purchase the update service if it has been more than 6 months since your initial purchase, or more than 1 year since your last software Update Service purchase
= 50$

Handling fee, applies if you ONLY order an additional PCM license (there is no handling fee if this order includes the LS1/LS6 base package)
handling charge = 50$

so one ends up paying 450 for the unit. You will have to come down on the price a little for this to be a good deal.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will keep the LS1 Edit Package then.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Question re: LS1 edit

Hi there, not to highjack your thread, but wanted to find out where you get your car tuned in the VA/DC/MD area. I have a car w Rippie packaged and it's poorly tuned.

I heard of Heffner Performance and tuner Jeff doing some work along w Dynotech down near Fredericksburg. If you don't mind please respond here or email [email protected]

ps - i may interested in your LS1 edit s/w and am a local buyer in Reston, VA

Jim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts