Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought them not long ago and now I'm selling them. I have a pair of tires - 295/35/18.

I'm selling these because I drive very aggressively and these are not what I expected. I'm being very up-front, these tires can not outhandle the stock Supercars. If you don't drive aggressively these tires are good replacements. I'm willing to sell them pretty cheap.

I got them from Tire Rack and I've had them for about 1k miles. I paid about $500 with shipping. I'm not sure how much to ask for - what would be a fair price? First reasonable offer can have them (no low-balling please). Please feel free to ask any questions.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=g-Force+T/A+KDW+2

I don't have my digital camera at the moment or I'd be able to post pictures. Please visit the link above to see the tires.

Thanks,
Alex :guiness:

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ttt

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
ZO6 AL-X

1. How many miles of wear have you got on them?

2. Based on your comment "I drive very aggressively and these are not what I expected" - what Realistic percentage of tread life is remaining?

3. What did you expect from them?

Joe

·
Registered
292 Posts
What's the tread measurement?

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JoeS said:
ZO6 AL-X
1. How many miles of wear have you got on them?

2. Based on your comment "I drive very aggressively and these are not what I expected" - what Realistic percentage of tread life is remaining?

3. What did you expect from them?

Joe
Joe,

1. They have about 1k miles of wear on them.

2. Percentage of tread life - I'm guessing 95+%. I just bought them last month and they have about 1k miles on them.

3. I went with soft rear tires so that I could get better grip in a straight line. These tires sure accomplished that. But, I sacrificed high speed cornering. Now, when I approach a corner at a high speed I don't feel as confident taking the turn as I did with the Supercars.

I'm replacing my tires with a full set of Nitto 555RIIs. I was told that these would fit my driving style. I will be able to use these on the road as well as on the AutoX track.

*Note* At the moment I have a sale pending. I will post updates.

Cheers,
Alex :z:

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Stumbo said:
What's the tread measurement?
Stumbo,

I haven't measured it. New they have 10/32". I'm guessing they will be around 9/32"-10/32" (I just got them last month).

Alex :)

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
ZO6 AL-X

I'd be interested if the pending sale falls through - put me at the top of the list. Let me know what happens on the pending sale.

Thanks,
Joe

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JoeS said:
ZO6 AL-X

I'd be interested if the pending sale falls through - put me at the top of the list. Let me know what happens on the pending sale.

Thanks,
Joe
I will definitely keep you posted.

Alex :guiness:

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
JoeS said:
Alex:

Is it a done deal - are they sold?

Joe
Yes, it looks like they're sold. I'm just waiting for payment.

Thanks for the interest in the tires Joe.

Alex

1 - 10 of 10 Posts