Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For Sale:
Red version of the Halltech Stinger intake box. Comes with all parts you need to install it, and clear instructions. I've used it for almost 500 miles. Its in perfect shape. $195 (PayPal accepted).

This is not my car, but this is what it looks like:

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Can you replace that filter or is it like the Blackwing where you just charge it? Just curious...

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You could replace it, but I bet its expensive. The filter is quite large. You can use a K&N "recharge kit" and use it basically forever by cleaning it. The filter cleaning kit is about $20 and easy to find at car parts stores.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Damn Subw00er, wish I would have seen this before buying mine brand new last week. Good Deal!!!

Just one question though if I may ask, why are you taking it off your car???

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There are two reasons: One is that sometimes (couple times a week) my check engine light goes on, which if you do your homework, you will know that (pretty much) everyone with a Z06 has this happen due to the screenless MAF in our car. There are a few ways of fixing this, either get a maf with a screen in it, or get a tune up to remap the ecu. Some others have also had good experience with making a 3" hole directly below the filter element.

But the real reason I am taking it off is because I want to race the car and I want to stay in the stock class, and the intake puts me in the modified catregory at my local club.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hi there, i just installed a halltech stinger yesterday..
whats this about the check engine light, i didn't drive my car yet, its been raining like nuts. My MAF has no screen. Where do you drill the 3" hole? Does this intake let particles inside and sets off the MAF?
great, i am already getting worried, and I didn't even DRIVE the car yet.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think the hole is drilled directly under the filter - this helps change the airflow pattern in the intake tube at the MAF and that keeps it within spec = no check engine light. I guess the CEL comes on because of turbulent air.

Do a search on here, I forget who it was, but someone did a DIY on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts