Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Z06 Maniac!!
1,541 Posts
The peak numbers look real good, but they seem to take a nose dive after about 6200 on the graph. I wonder if the '02 and Vortex suffers the same pig rich condition as the Donaldson. The graph on my '01 shows hp maintaining to redline and the torque fall off isn't near as steep. Les' graph seems to show a pretty hard fall off at high rpms. :-?

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
N4C5S said:
That first sheet are the stock numbers I think :eek:

JC
If those are his stock numbers than he only got 10 HP from headers and ram air?:-?
That doesn't sound right, I think Les told me he got 13-14 from the headers alone.

374 at the rears with 2 mods, I like.:D

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
But, it's a MUSTANG dyno, and most everybody knows they are real optomistic :roll:

Anybody know of a Mustang Dyno in the Greater Los Angeles Area :D I gotta get some better numbers.....

I want to gain 15-20 hp for $75.....That's one cheap "mod" :p

No harm intended Les.....it's just a little frustrating ;)

Barrie
:cheers:

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
Guys there are no stock #'s. The 1st sheet represents the Vortex install and the 2nd sheet reflects the addition of the headers with the Vortex installed. The car was Dyno'd with out the relearn.

On the 15 mile drive home I felt a huge SOTP increase in power.:D The next morning I headed out on a 500 mile round trip weekend event in Orlando. After about 50 miles the car gained through out the entire power band. RELEARN?? No doubt!

The car goes back to the dyno on Friday or Monday and the sheets WILL be posted.

I want to thank Ernie and his great staff at Breathless Performance for a job well done. He was involved personally with all aspects of the install . I will invite him to join in on this thread when he returns from a business trip that may include a secret project he may be working on.;) Les

·
Registered
238 Posts
When you do a test on a product you do a before and after test it is the differance you look at. It makes no differance what brand Dyno it is.

Thank You
Ernie
BreathlessPerformance.com

·
Registered
238 Posts
If you look at 3000 RPM you have a gain of 7RWHP which is 9Flywheel.
Look at 4500 and you will see a gain of 15RWHP which is about 18 to 19 Flywheel.

This is all to prove a point that this design of step header produces HP in the low and mid range too, not just in the higher rpm. One point to remember is that this test was done on a basic stock engine. On our bigger ci engines we gained about 30RWHP.

Thank You
Ernie

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
01ZEE06 said:
But, it's a MUSTANG dyno, and most everybody knows they are real optomistic :roll:

Anybody know of a Mustang Dyno in the Greater Los Angeles Area :D I gotta get some better numbers.....

I want to gain 15-20 hp for $75.....That's one cheap "mod" :p

No harm intended Les.....it's just a little frustrating ;)

Barrie
:cheers:
While it is true that going from numbers on a djet to a Mustang will normally prove higher, the delta is what we are looking at here, and now that I stand corrected on the numbers, I'm even MORE impressed.

I now know what my next mod will be ;) GREAT job Ernie.

JC

·
Registered
238 Posts
Thank you Barrie. I will also have a link to our site where the Dyno test will be. We will be posting all our Dyno #s on line now. That includes Vortex, and Corsa.

We just finished testing our long Tube Step Headers on a 2002 Z06. Headers and X-pipe gave us 28.5 RWHP with the gains starting as low as 2800 rpm.
We also did a test on another 2002 with just the Header and picked up 14RWHP at 4500 RPM. We saw gains on just the Header as low as 3000 RPM.

By the way these tests were on a basic stock Z06 except for the Vortex Rammer and PowerDuct.
You can check our site below which has the dyno link to it.

http://www.breathlessperformance.com/108.htm

Thanks
Ernie

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Congrats Ernie,
When I saw the proto-type in Sept. I knew you had something.
I believe I made a post about them when I got back home.
Now I got to save my pennies.

Anyone looking for some used TTS headers?

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
No codes, No problems, No regrets!

As some of you know I had a very quick '01 Z06 prior to my '02. The only performance mods on that car was the Vortex, Corsa Indy's and a Corsa X pipe. When I moved into my '02 I felt that my new Z was NOT as quick[SOTP] as my '01 was [ check out the #'s on my '01 in our sites Performance Data Center ]. My '02 has turned the corner big time.

The stock Ti's sound real mean! After 600 miles no codes , no problems, no regrets. Even though I buy a new Vette every year these headers will stay in this car. I plan on selling the stock '02 exhaust manifold's and & PUP FREE CAT '02 pipes that hook up to the main cats.

New Dyno #'s that reflect the relearn by Friday evening. I can't wait! Fubu/Les:)

·
Registered
638 Posts
This has sold me on headers and x-pipes. Great gains. I am pushing 360\363 bone stock. (sheets posted) Does this mean I could be seeing 388 rwhp.? or am I being real optimistic?:D

·
Registered
420 Posts
This is an off-road X-pipe, right? No cats. 14 from the headers is good, same as I got on my TPIS headers.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Ernie,

Thank You :) I love my Vortex Rammer and Power Duct. I get a lot of compliments on it's looks, and does it perform!! And, it's about 1/2 the cost of the another very good competing system(s).

Met a guy today who has a bone stock '01 Z, and he liked the Rammer/Power Duct on my Z so much he ordered same from Shawn @ LAPD :D

I'd like to try a Mustang Dyno here in Los Angeles. What's the easiest way to locate such a shop? Do you have a phone # for the people who make the Mustang Dyno, or do you know of a shop in my area?

Thanks Bro :cheers:

Barrie
01ZEE06

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I talked to Ernie this morning. I am going to get the headers and X-pipe. I hope to get everything installed sometime between thanksgiving and christmas. I hope to hear from Les to see get his impression too. When I get it done, I hope to get some pictures and reports.

Don

·
Registered
528 Posts
Does Breathless have a package deal for this set up (Headers, x-pipe, vortex and airbridge)? Look like a good combination, more good air in and more bad air out...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts