Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a call from a VERY excited FUBU!! He is at Moroso Motosports Park to watch drag racing, a car show, and other events.

Anyway, he was intervied by Fox Sports about his 2002 Z06. He said the interview was about 3 minutes long and that it is suppose to air next Sunday at he believes 2:00 PM EST on Speedvision.

He said he mentioned http://www.z06vette.com at least 8 times!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Way to go Les!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif I'm sure he will report in later this evening. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Frank Calmes Quicksilver 2001 Z06
Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, B&B PRT's with Speedway Tips, Ripper Shifter with Momo Knob, Chrome Z06 Wheels

Sherylann Calmes Black 2001 Z06
Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, Chrome Z06 Wheels

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

Way to go Les! Will be tuned in for sure!

Talk about great exposure for our forum... /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Excellent job Les. Setting my ReplayTV to record that. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
SWEET!

Thanks LES!!!!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif

JC

·
Registered
165 Posts
Les, you ARE the man!
Ken-

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Damn,
Only if my crappy cable company would carry this channel. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_flaming.gif

·
Registered
619 Posts
SWEET /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
I'll be watching. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BTW, Les took first place in the stock C5 class!! CONGRATS!!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
680 Posts
Excellent, /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Les, Congrats all 'round /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif Great job /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

You've just raised the bar considerably for the rest of us 'banner bearers' /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Vince

M

·
0 Posts
very, very cool Les...and what publicity for the forum..../phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

must be karma or something...but Corvette fever showed up at our little gathering in Tampa....can't wait to see kinda coverage there was!

Mark

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

On 2001-08-18 20:57, MeanGreen2000 spewed forth this drivel:
But Corvette fever showed up at our little gathering in Tampa....can't wait to see kinda coverage there was!
Of course you had the banner I sent you didn't you?? /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif

M

·
0 Posts
yes I did....but we weren't at Hooters this time /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif....and I did talk up the forum too!

I am doing my part corraling the local "Zs" and making the "truth" known..../phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

We've got a dyno day next this coming Saturday, pics for sure, I promise!!!

and I did order/pay for my Z06vette.com shirt /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Mark

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

M

·
0 Posts

On 2001-08-18 21:05, fcalmes spewed forth this drivel:
/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif
that's why I like 'ya Frank /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif...can't wait to see the crew you put together for the Ecklers event....

There's a big group getting together for the next Shuttle night launch....not sponsored by the "them" but arranged by a few members....looks to be people coming from all over the east coast!

Mark

·
Registered
81 Posts
Way to go Les......what a score!!!!

/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
Talk about burnt toast. It was well over 110 degrees and high humidity for most of the 8 hours I spent at the Moroso Motorsports Park in Palm Beach Fl. There was a car show and drag racing going on today. My EB Z recieved a huge amount of attention. A segment producer from Fox Sports Net came over to me and introduced herself. Fox was doing a segment on the facility for 1 of their shows. In any event they interviewed me about the Z06, I pointed out the new color, badging, lifted hood, showded wheels, interior[interviewer went nuts over mod red!], brake ducts, Ti exhaust and talked about Corvette clubs/internet. It lasted about 2-3 minutes. I OVER-plugged the site. I had to mention it 6 or 7 times in fear of the segment getting edited later on. I have had some experience in my business life with interviews. There will be no SAD faces when you see this interview. I don't know what time this will show in each market. I know that Fox has purchased Speedvision but don't know if it will be shown on that station. I WILL find out on Monday. Les /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Way to go FUBU.........

/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

1 - 20 of 26 Posts