Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Durign a spirited right hand turn, my fuel gage went from "half full" to empty, low fuel warning and check gages warnings came on. Actually, it was a bit nerve racking because my radar detector went off full blast too!! Anyhow, is this a common problem and what is entailed in fixing the problem. Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.

MR

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I had a problem with the fuel gauge. It was freyed wires in the fuel tank. I believe the wires were rerouted after a while. Mine # is 1541 (or around there). Just bring it in to a dealership.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I've had the same problem twice. Both times it was a bad fuel tank sender. Or rather the sender went bad.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Hi there,
Your tech will check for codes, and if there are two codes, or just one, they will replace the passenger side sending unit.
As for the rest, please allow diagnostics to be performed. The tank does NOT have to be dropped, just the heat shield removed.
Best to you, c4c5

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks C4C5.....Just picked the car up. Fuel level sensor was faulty. Also, guess they had a problem with the bolt because my R/O states they had to "drill & tap the bolt to remove." /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif
Thanks again.

MR

·
Registered
220 Posts
My 98 coupe had the same problem when it had about 2000 miles on it. It lasted for about a week then it fixed itself and never appeared again. My dealer suggested replacing the gas tanks and I said well lets see if the problem comes back. It never did. Go figure.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Anybody have a TSB number for this?

I think that I may have the same problem, but my dealership does not know of any TSBs on this.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Yes, there is a TSB for this..........for '02's only.........do not have the Bulletin #......but, I have seen it........

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Titan, they said it's for '02's......but, truth be known, I am sure they are the same.......my '01 did the same thing.....2 times................
Try switching to Chevron gas, IF you have it .............or change to any fuel that is at least 93 octane, and different than what you are curretly using.....sometimes this helps........
Seemed like mine messed up when using Texaco........

·
Registered
162 Posts
I've almost always used Chevron and it's only 91 here. :(
I'm looking for a TSB that recommends replacing the fuel sending unit.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Titan, try TBS 97-2000 01-06-04-022, OR, Labor operation J6355..........PTC, Reprogram the PCM # 02-06-04-010..............Document I D 862313.
Check your local dealer/s.....and see if ONE or Both of these don't ring a bell............

·
Registered
137 Posts
Mine crapped out on me two,right after LS6 edit was performed dealer said they never heard of this gauge thing and check gauges thing happen,so I filled the tank with the usuall sunoco 93 octane and she reads just fine now.

Question is will it happen again?

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Troy, mebbe so, mebbe no............
But there is a TSB out on it......for a PCM reprogam, and or repair.......
So, check the #'s above, and try ANOTHER dealer......sounds like they don't want the work.............:(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts